https://www.droid-life.com/2018/02/1...l-2-xl-iphone/

Very interesting read.
    cbreze, dmateo, DMP89145 and 1 others like this.
    02-13-2018 11:35 PM
    Read that earlier... Is an interesting take and a view that I probably hadn't considered that way before. But totally get it.
    02-13-2018 11:46 PM
    There's a lot of truth is that article. I agree my Pixel 2 XL kicks *** and there is no phone on the horizon that's even tempting me. I just hope I don't turn into the equivalent of an Apple fanboi. What are we going to call ourselves--Pixel snobs?
    DMP89145 and dmateo like this.
    02-13-2018 11:53 PM
    I like this. I kinda feel the same. I previously had the S7 edge and it was a great phone. I never had any issues and it ran smoothly. I really did consider the S8 after but went for the 2XL instead. in many ways this doesn't have a lot of features that some of the other flagships do. I really like the 5T and Razer too. but you know what? this phone has made me appreciate the simplicity of it. I actually use it more than I've used any other phone I've owned and it just performs flawlessly. as much as I'd like things like facial unlock, I realise that I don't actually need it. this phone has refined my use and for that I know I've made the right choice. those speakers on the Razer tho.......
    02-14-2018 04:30 AM
    I feel the same way about my Pixel 2. Had a Galaxy S8, a great phone, which I gave to my wife, and strangely, don't miss it. Had an original Pixel when they first came out. Pixel's leave you with the feeling that they check all the boxes for a satisfying phone experience. And that stupid squeezy thing......I'm using it a lot!!
    02-14-2018 06:25 AM
    Nice article and that describes me once I bought the Pixel XL last year.

Once I got that, I knew I was content with an Android phone. I knew then that I won't bother buying other brands of android phones and I'll only get the Pixel line of phones from now on.
    tomar05 likes this.
    02-14-2018 07:11 AM
    I agree interesting read . I feel the same way . I Always have preferred the near stock experience, these phones offer.
    Also to be up to date on OS, and security updates is a bonus.
    I haven't considered purchasing the other android phones in a long time.
    02-14-2018 08:34 AM
    I've gravitated to the stock Android experience since my very first Android phone (Nexus One). I've bounced around to other phones (Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, LG G4, Samsung Galaxy S4), and flashed a ROM to give it a stock-like experience...but it still wasn't the same. I would eventually turn back to Google-branded devices (Nexus 5, 5X, 6, 6P), and now my P2XL.

I also have a Pixel 2. I used to have a Galaxy S7, which I don't miss. I unlocked my Pixel 2 with IMEI code provided by a an online company and my Pixel 2 is now unlocked. I'm sure if a new model will turn up I can sell my neverlocked Pixel 2 for more money. Untill then this is a very good phone....
    I take it you have the Verizon version? You should share what company you went to to have it unlocked...just sayin'.
    02-14-2018 05:19 PM
    I take it you have the Verizon version? You should share what company you went to to have it unlocked...just sayin'.
    No reason to. Verizon model is already unlocked out of the box. I have the Verizon variant and I can put any SIM in that I want. I am not sure what JohnTiner83 went through but there is no unlocking required in the US for the Pixel. Maybe another country?
    02-14-2018 07:02 PM
    No reason to. Verizon model is already unlocked out of the box. I have the Verizon variant and I can put any SIM in that I want. I am not sure what JohnTiner83 went through but there is no unlocking required in the US for the Pixel. Maybe another country?
    He meant the bootloader
    jsarino likes this.
    02-14-2018 08:34 PM
    There's a lot of truth is that article. I agree my Pixel 2 XL kicks *** and there is no phone on the horizon that's even tempting me. I just hope I don't turn into the equivalent of an Apple fanboi. What are we going to call ourselves--Pixel snobs?
    Lol
    02-14-2018 08:38 PM
    He meant the bootloader
    Ah.. ignore me then ^_^.
    02-14-2018 10:26 PM
    interesting read.
    02-14-2018 10:32 PM
    I also have a Pixel 2. I used to have a Galaxy S7, which I don't miss. I unlocked my Pixel 2 with IMEI code provided by a an online company and my Pixel 2 is now unlocked. I'm sure if a new model will turn up I can sell my neverlocked Pixel 2 for more money. Untill then this is a very good phone....
    The difference between locked and unlocked in the resale market is minimal.
    02-15-2018 06:28 AM
    I like this. I kinda feel the same. I previously had the S7 edge and it was a great phone. I never had any issues and it ran smoothly. I really did consider the S8 after but went for the 2XL instead. in many ways this doesn't have a lot of features that some of the other flagships do. I really like the 5T and Razer too. but you know what? this phone has made me appreciate the simplicity of it. I actually use it more than I've used any other phone I've owned and it just performs flawlessly. as much as I'd like things like facial unlock, I realise that I don't actually need it. this phone has refined my use and for that I know I've made the right choice. those speakers on the Razer tho.......
    Smart Lock option in security has facial unlock.
    02-15-2018 07:49 AM
    Smart Lock option in security has facial unlock.
    MooMoo.....how many pixels are you up to?
    MooMooPrincess likes this.
    02-15-2018 09:00 AM
    I really liked this article. The Pixel 2 is great, it's a solid phone that runs well. I didn't have any issues with it when I had one, aside from it being too tall for me. Otherwise, baby Pixel is solid.
    mark233 and MooMooPrincess like this.
    02-15-2018 09:52 AM
    MooMoo.....how many pixels are you up to?
    I lost count after 3 LOL jk, 5th or 6th so far. It's flawless, itching to put my Sim back in it.
    libra89 and DMP89145 like this.
    02-16-2018 01:54 AM
    It's my Android phone lol...I do get what Kellen was saying though. I've been into the Google ecosystem since the Galaxy Nexus and haven't looked back.
    DMP89145 likes this.
    02-16-2018 09:18 AM
    I lost count after 3 LOL jk, 5th or 6th so far. It's flawless, itching to put my Sim back in it.
    Thought you would be into MegaPixels by now.
    02-16-2018 09:20 AM