Battery life since Feb 5 update

Andrew_404

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone. I own a Pixel 2. Is anyone else experiencing faster battery drain than before? I'm not a heavy user but before the Feb update, I coud easily get 15 hours + from a fully charged battery. Now, 8-9 hours is the norm. Significant drop off. I've checked to see if there are any apps draining or miss behaving as all is normal.

Suggestions please? Thx

mattkerwin24

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
I just finished my first full day on my pixel 2 with that software and actually thought the battery life was tremendous...came from a note 8 which was getting worse with each passing hour!

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Are you talking SOT or total use between charges? I get from morning till night with plenty of juice to spare. Now I get 5-6 hours of SOT after the update. About the same prior.

Andrew_404

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Are you talking SOT or total use between charges? I get from morning till night with plenty of juice to spare. Now I get 5-6 hours of SOT after the update. About the same prior.

Total use between charges. When you say plenty of juice I assume you are fully charged at 100% first thing in the am and by evening you have what % left? Thanks

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Great.. Good for you.

No reason to be salty ;).

You really didn't give us anything to really suggest or help. You just basically said it is draining more without showing any stats or anything we can use to gauge why it may be happening. Try snapping some shots so we can see if we notice anything wonky that you may not be seeing.

I personally can't comment on mine because I am hard on my phone daily so my usage isn't normal.. I can rock any phone down before the end of a work day.

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
My battery life has been better since the update. One of the fixes in the update list was better battery life for some pixel 2 XL phones. I guess mine was one of those

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I haven't noticed a change after the update, however today I thought it drained faster than normal. Phone hadn't been restarted recently so gave that a shot to see if it gets better.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
My battery life has always been exemplary. I literally live on my Pixel 2 XL and always have plenty of battery to spare at the end of the day. I honestly see no difference after the Feb update.

MooMooPrincess

Sep 25, 2017
Visit site
Mine with and without substratum, not as good as 8.0 but it does OK

006d25254fb8f73469b2b1f867f43e4f.jpg

76d8d1a84e0b5d367981d7a161688eb3.jpg

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
If anything I seem to be getting a bit better battery life. Could be my imagination but it certainly is no worse.

Andrew_404

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
No reason to be salty ;).

You really didn't give us anything to really suggest or help. You just basically said it is draining more without showing any stats or anything we can use to gauge why it may be happening. Try snapping some shots so we can see if we notice anything wonky that you may not be seeing.

I personally can't comment on mine because I am hard on my phone daily so my usage isn't normal.. I can rock any phone down before the end of a work day.

I'll go ahead and share some screen shots later today. I have a full charge we will see where we are later this evening thx.

sixty_four

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Since the 2/5 update, my SOT usage seems about the same but idle time has been perhaps a bit better than ever.

The only time I notice increased idle drain (and associated battery temp rising) is when I first start moving by foot, bike or car. It's as if multiple apps or services say, "hey we're moving...we gotta wake up and do stuff! Look busy!"

Here's a screenshot of a mostly idle weekend. I was using my backup phone since I was riding some pretty rough trails. Not great example of my everyday usage patterns but this shows some pretty efficient idling (about 0.69% per hour avg utilization).

Screenshot_20180206-100830.jpg

Gary_Berg

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I've not had problems with battery life with 2/5 update on my PHONE. Make sure you restart a second time so that you clear out anything left around after the finish up after the first reboot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith