I can't hear the other person on the phone when I'm calling or answering, unless it's on speaker

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Pixel 2 XL, can't hear anyone unless I put it on speaker phone. Tried with Bluetooth of, in case it was connect to anything.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you connect a Bluetooth headset or a wired one, do you have the same issue? What about with voicemail/voice messages from other apps that play through the earpiece (not the loudspeaker)? Do those play OK? If they don't, your speaker might be damaged.

MightyMeese

Feb 16, 2018
Visit site
speaker phone and music play through the speakers. I've read that there's a setting (hearing aid) that can cause this known issue, but I can't seem to find that in my settings menu.

nelson1

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
This is a known issue and there is probably nothing wrong with your phone.
Go to the :)PHONE APP:) - Settings - Accessibility - turn off the hearing aid toggle. You will then have sound through the earpiece.

Last edited:

MightyMeese

Feb 16, 2018
Visit site
there's nothing in the accessibility settings regarding hearing aids, or sound in general. that's the main problem. currently using Android 8.1, don't know if they renamed it out moved it to another menu?

MightyMeese

Feb 16, 2018
Visit site
After more browsing, found the hearing aid setting in the dialer app settings and not in the system settings.

Fixed! Thanks for your input guys!

G0D2Y0U

May 15, 2018
Visit site
Thank God, you all ANSWERED my question before having to explain it to you all! I knew it was some setting.. Cause if it was broke I'd be pretty pissed cause I just got it!

Ralph Matarazzo

Jul 18, 2018
Visit site
For all of you having this problem with your earpiece on your pixel 2 here is the fix go to phone click the three dots on the right upper hand corner go to accessibility and turn off hearing aid compatibility that'll fix it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar