Deal: Best Buy Phone Friday 2/16 Only Pixel 2 XL Verizon $100 off & $300 in bill credits

straygator7

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
This deal is very tempting. I was hoping to wait until after my Moto X Pure Edition -- which still works okay, but has been lagging a bit lately -- hits the two-year mark in about 6 weeks; but who knows when this much of a discount on the Pixel 2 XL will be offered again? I'm still a little concerned about some of the problems being reported by Pixel 2 XL purchasers here, which seem to reflect quality control issues. I get the impression that it comes down to simple "luck of the draw" whether and to what extent the unit you get is free of defects.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I really hate the monthly bill credits...I change phones too often.
I hate that crap too. Luckily, I needed to add a line cause we're going to use it as a home phone. So I put the Pixel 2 XL on that line and then I'll use it on my line when I feel like it. I'll use my old Moto Z as the house phone. My Pixel 2 XL will probably be the backup phone to the S9+ when it finally comes out unless I just find it amazing.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Did you really think they were just going to get rid of service contracts without figuring out some other way to lock us in for 2 years??
Nah I knew they would. I liked it better before they came up with this crap though. Glad Best Buy doesn't always do it.

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I took advantage of this deal. rocking the black 2 XL for $23 extra per month. Best deal out there. Even beats Verizon's $300 off.

sftl97

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I stopped by BB was looking to buy the white version. No white 2xl available and was told the store cannot order it. If you want one in white you need to do it online.
I'm still a little put off on the 24mnth lock in tho, so I'm going to wait and see if google comes up with a discounted offer. Hopefully not too long a wait.