$300 gift card at Target

straygator7

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
If you're looking to take advantage of the Target $300 gift card promotion for the Pixel 2 XL with 128gb, good luck finding one. This is the second time I've tried to avail myself of such a Target gift card promotion on that item, both times without success. While the 64gb unit is widely available, the 128gb model doesn't seem to be in stock at any Target store, and they don't allow it to be ordered online or by telephone. So Target shows the promotional deal on its website and in its weekly ad, but as far as I can determine the Pixel 2 XL with 128gb simply cannot be purchased from Target by any means -- or at least it hasn't been obtainable from them during the effective period of these last two gift card promotions. I spent more than an hour on the phone this morning with no less than four different Target representatives (having been referred from one department to another); each of them confirmed the ad and verified that the offer was in effect, but none was able to provide any information on how I could actually take advantage of the offer to purchase the item through Target. Very frustrating.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if you can stack this offer with the $300 off that Verizon is offering now?
Assuming that the Verizon offer is $300 in billing credits spread out over 24 months this sounds very much like the deal Target was offering just before the end of the year ($250 gift card) - as long as you can make use of a Target gift card you should be good to go. I took advantage of that earlier offer to get my Pixel 2 XL and have already spent the gift card and am now seeing the monthly bill credit showing up on my account.

straygator7

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
As I understand it, the $300 discount being offered by Best Buy is just a pass-through of the same $300 billing credit that Verizon already provides, while Target is offering a $300 gift card in addition to the $300 Verizon billing credit -- in effect, a total benefit of $600. Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken.

jdlindsey7

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
As I understand it, the $300 discount being offered by Best Buy is just a pass-through of the same $300 billing credit that Verizon already provides, while Target is offering a $300 gift card in addition to the $300 Verizon billing credit -- in effect, a total benefit of $600. Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Where are you seeing the $300 bill credit in addition to the $300 Target gift card? My local Target is only slowing the gift card.

straygator7

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I was relying on the information provided by this webpage:

https://hip2save.com/2018/02/16/ver...r-target-gift-card-credit-regularly-861-more/

I notice in the comments posted more recently, however, that someone reported they were unable to get the combination of both the Target gift card and the Verizon deal. That seems strange to me, since Verizon is providing the $300 billing credit, not Target. If true, however, it means that Target isn't really providing any benefit that you can't obtain simply by purchasing the phone directly from Verizon or at Best Buy -- under any approach, the most you get is a $300 discount. And if that's the case, I'd prefer to have the discount applied to the cost of the phone, even if through monthly billing reductions, rather than receive it in the form of a Target gift card.

In any event, I stand corrected, and apologize for any erroneous information in my earlier post.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Assuming that the Verizon offer is $300 in billing credits spread out over 24 months this sounds very much like the deal Target was offering just before the end of the year ($250 gift card) - as long as you can make use of a Target gift card you should be good to go. I took advantage of that earlier offer to get my Pixel 2 XL and have already spent the gift card and am now seeing the monthly bill credit showing up on my account.
Biggest difference is that Target isn't advertising the bill credit portion so there's a slight risk in not getting the bill credits.

You can always ask them via social media support. And I'm not sure if a chat rep's conversation holds much weight.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Back to the Target deal, your best bet would be to - after buying the phone from Target, speak with Verizon customer service to verify that there's a promotional offer pending on that line. Best evidence would be to see the promotional credit when you preview your next bill.

Still a bit risky though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs