Essential Earphones

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I got the Essential USB C earphones today, and they are GREAT! I have dozens of earphones in my drawer that I never use because they are so crappy. My Shure 535 has great quality, but are a pain to use with the dongle. I really like this earphone. It has the best cord I have ever used. It really checks all the boxes for me, and is only $99. Highly recommended.

hybrisate

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I like the looks of them, but at that price I can't pull the trigger. Not much of a headphone person anyway (prefer wireless at the gym,) but it would be nice to have these in my bag. If they ever fall to $50ish, I'd probably get them.

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I like the looks of them, but at that price I can't pull the trigger. Not much of a headphone person anyway (prefer wireless at the gym,) but it would be nice to have these in my bag. If they ever fall to $50ish, I'd probably get them.

Well, I guess we have different price points - I thought these were cheap. I can't over-emphasize how impressed I am with these. Like I said, I probably have 20 or more headphones that I can't use because they are all crap. All wireless headphones are crap. I paid $300 for a pair, and as soon as I put the phone in my pocket, the audio cut out. I did a lot of research on wireless, and ALL of them cut out to some extent. Also, audio quality by definition is sub-par. I paid $499 for my Shure 535. They should be coming out with a new USB-C cable and a high end DAC. That should be nice. I hate dongles.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I got the Essential USB C earphones today, and they are GREAT! I have dozens of earphones in my drawer that I never use because they are so crappy. My Shure 535 has great quality, but are a pain to use with the dongle. I really like this earphone. It has the best cord I have ever used. It really checks all the boxes for me, and is only $99. Highly recommended.

They don't get very good reviews. The dongle works for me and I also have the HTC dongle.

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
They don't get very good reviews. The dongle works for me and I also have the HTC dongle.

I bought them because of a good review, and they far exceeded my expectations.

"Earphones|HD™ sport high resolution drivers, digital USB-C connector, and tangle free cord for an exceptional listening experience on the go."

All I can say is they sound fantastic. The mids and the highs are especially clear. Bass is also excellent. Honestly, I don't know how they can do this for $99. I really hate dongles, so I have been looking for something like this ever since I got my Pixel 2XL. I don't know where you saw the bad reviews, but I am very picky, and I just love these...

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I bought them because of a good review, and they far exceeded my expectations.

"Earphones|HD™ sport high resolution drivers, digital USB-C connector, and tangle free cord for an exceptional listening experience on the go."

All I can say is they sound fantastic. The mids and the highs are especially clear. Bass is also excellent. Honestly, I don't know how they can do this for $99. I really hate dongles, so I have been looking for something like this ever since I got my Pixel 2XL. I don't know where you saw the bad reviews, but I am very picky, and I just love these...

The Verge and Android Police are two. For me they don't give me anything I don't already have except that no separate dongle is required. I already have great headphones and earbuds. In addition the dongles provided do a great job and the HTC and Razer dongles are even better so there are a lot more options than going with a dedicated set of buds. All that really matters is that they work for you and it's great to have options.

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
The Verge and Android Police are two. For me they don't give me anything I don't already have except that no separate dongle is required. I already have great headphones and earbuds. In addition the dongles provided do a great job and the HTC and Razer dongles are even better so there are a lot more options than going with a dedicated set of buds. All that really matters is that they work for you and it's great to have options.

https://www.androidcentral.com/essential-earphones-hd-headphones