Okay so longtime user of Android and iPhones. I've had every flagship since iPhone 2g and Htc Hero. Just left my iPhone X for the baby Pixel 2 and once Verizon got $300 off Xl I picked that up so I now have both and am torn because I love size and screen quality of baby Pixel but hate bezels. Where as Xl I have the screen colors and it's a big phone. Both are so close to perfect save for bezels on one and a LG screen for the other. Anyone else in a similar predicament? Looking for others opinions as I'm going crazy trying to decide!
    02-21-2018 07:56 AM
    Okay so longtime user of Android and iPhones. I've had every flagship since iPhone 2g and Htc Hero. Just left my iPhone X for the baby Pixel 2 and once Verizon got $300 off Xl I picked that up so I now have both and am torn because I love size and screen quality of baby Pixel but hate bezels. Where as Xl I have the screen colors and it's a big phone. Both are so close to perfect save for bezels on one and a LG screen for the other. Anyone else in a similar predicament? Looking for others opinions as I'm going crazy trying to decide!
    For me large screens are Paramount. Can't do a lot one handed but I don't mind.
    02-21-2018 08:20 AM
    Always go for the bigger phone imo. More battery + more screen ftw!
    02-21-2018 08:47 AM
    Always go for the bigger phone imo. More battery + more screen ftw!
    That's how I've always felt until the S8 and iPhone X. Having a fairly large screen on a still small sized has spoiled me. I appreciate your guy's feedback. This is sadly hardest decision I've had to make in a while
    02-21-2018 09:33 AM
    That's how I've always felt until the S8 and iPhone X. Having a fairly large screen on a still small sized has spoiled me. I appreciate your guy's feedback. This is sadly hardest decision I've had to make in a while
    You might also want to check out the essential phone if you're looking for a large screen with a small footprint.
    02-21-2018 11:25 AM
    You might also want to check out the essential phone if you're looking for a large screen with a small footprint.
    I almost pulled trigger on one especially with one of new colors but camera quality and no lag are my biggest priorities so Essential doesn't really seem like an option unfortunately because I was geeked for Essential and even pre-ordered but after delays and other reviews I cancelled
    02-21-2018 02:20 PM
    I came from a Note 8 and chose the baby pixel 2...I didn't really like the way the 2xl fit in my hand...I know the 2 has bezels, but coming from the note 8 I found the 2xls side bezels a bit weird...just my crazy view lol
    davidb423 likes this.
    02-21-2018 03:46 PM
    I came from a Note 8 and chose the baby pixel 2...I didn't really like the way the 2xl fit in my hand...I know the 2 has bezels, but coming from the note 8 I found the 2xls side bezels a bit weird...just my crazy view lol
    Lol.. side bezels? Most people poke jabs about the forehead, not the side bezels! I too came from a note 8 and love the pixel lineup. And as far as the pixel 2 bezels go... Let's not forget that the iPhone has had monstrous bezels since inception and they have a cult following!
    DMP89145 likes this.
    02-21-2018 04:04 PM
    Sometimes I miss having the larger screen (previous phone was Moto G4 w/ 5.5" screen,) but I like the smaller overall footprint on the non-XL Pixel 2. The top/bottom bezels are surely annoying, but the rest of pros of the device make up for it.
    02-21-2018 04:14 PM
    Had the regular pixel 2 until it failed tryed the XL but do to poor screen quality I left Google ,I'm on a 6 inch screen now OnePlus 5T didn't realize how much I missed a larger screen
    02-21-2018 07:13 PM
    Had the regular pixel 2 until it failed tryed the XL but do to poor screen quality I left Google ,I'm on a 6 inch screen now OnePlus 5T didn't realize how much I missed a larger screen
    Yeah the Xls poor screen quality is my biggest complaint but putting it in saturated mode did make it nicer...
    02-21-2018 08:11 PM
    Yeah the Xls poor screen quality is my biggest complaint but putting it in saturated mode did make it nicer...
    I enjoyed the natural color it was just the blue tint at any angle
    02-21-2018 08:30 PM
    I couldn't decide, so I have both, a Pixel 2 and an Iphone X. I like both equally.
    02-22-2018 12:23 AM
    I enjoyed the natural color it was just the blue tint at any angle
    The blue tint isn't as noticeable in saturated
    02-22-2018 12:48 AM
    After having several larger phones I much prefer a smaller device as it is just easier doing anything from pocketing it to holding it IMO. The bezels I don't even notice in my daily use. Much like the iPhone X's notch perhaps. If bezels are a bother than get something different. The smaller pixel was the best choice for me, but sounds like the bezels bother you to much OP.
    02-22-2018 02:07 AM
    After having several larger phones I much prefer a smaller device as it is just easier doing anything from pocketing it to holding it IMO. The bezels I don't even notice in my daily use. Much like the iPhone X's notch perhaps. If bezels are a bother than get something different. The smaller pixel was the best choice for me, but sounds like the bezels bother you to much OP.
    I do hate them but between sheer size and bad screen quality I think I'm just going to stick with the baby pixel. Thank you for everyone's input
    02-22-2018 11:49 AM
    02-22-2018 04:34 PM
    Pixel 2 XL 128. I want a pocket computer with an excellent camera that just happens to have a phone in it. Large size is important for how I use it and I find it pointless to to try to use it with only one hand.
    DMP89145 likes this.
    02-23-2018 02:04 AM
    Whenever I see posts like this all I can think of is the world needs a Pixel with hardware by Samsung.
    bchain996 likes this.
    02-23-2018 03:03 AM
    Whenever I see posts like this all I can think of is the world needs a Pixel with hardware by Samsung.
    I'm OK with the hardware the way it is now.
    dmateo likes this.
    02-23-2018 05:34 AM
    Same.. it's refreshing to have a phone that doesn't have a glass back.
    02-23-2018 10:32 AM
    I Agree. I'm with those that say the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL are the best phones they've ever owned.
    02-23-2018 10:56 AM
    Agreed. But just OK. I still think that partial glass back is goofy. The only reason I think it's growing on me is that when I see it, I immediately associate with one of the best smartphone experiences I've ever had. If I try to look at it objectively, I just don't find it that attractive.

Samsung has some nice hardware and I'd like to see a Google/Samsung effort. But since I'm dreaming here, I'd also like to win the lottery and be able to fly like Superman.

My biggest disappointment was when Google sold Motorola to Lenova. That was a match made in mobile heaven, IMO. It would've been awesome to see the Moto X line evolve under Google's guidance. Still HTC does make nice stuff and I'm very interested to see what the new Google-owned HTC team comes up with down the road.
    02-23-2018 11:13 AM
    Agreed. But just OK. I still think that partial glass back is goofy. The only reason I think it's growing on me is that when I see it, I immediately associate with one of the best smartphone experiences I've ever had. If I try to look at it objectively, I just don't find it that attractive.

Samsung has some nice hardware and I'd like to see a Google/Samsung effort. But since I'm dreaming here, I'd also like to win the lottery and be able to fly like Superman.

My biggest disappointment was when Google sold Motorola to Lenova. That was a match made in mobile heaven, IMO. It would've been awesome to see the Moto X line evolve under Google's guidance. Still HTC does make nice stuff and I'm very interested to see what the new Google-owned HTC team comes up with down the road.
    Yes.... I was extremely disappointed that they sold Moto. I had a Droid Maxx at the time and the UI was pretty good and updates were decent. The killer for me was broken promises on Android versions by Lenovo and then offering 100 credit towards a new device.
    02-23-2018 11:24 AM