Moved to iOS

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Honestly the iPhone X is so beautiful and the gestures are so fluid and nice I don't blame people for switching. They advanced technology in a good way this year. Hope to see some good implementations next year with Android. Life's short, enjoy.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I read it in my subscription to Investors Business Daily and they exist to keep investors informed.

Then your investors business daily should have things where the CEO of Apple talked how they said it is selling better then initially thought -- so I doubt they are canceling it ;).

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Then your investors business daily should have things where the CEO of Apple talked how they said it is selling better then initially thought -- so I doubt they are canceling it ;).

As I recall, the information I read was based on actual manufacturing orders. CEO's will often paint rosey pictures of their companies when something very different might actually be going on. Anyway it was only one article that stuck in my mind and I only repeated what I read.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
As I recall, the information I read was based on actual manufacturing orders. CEO's will often paint rosey pictures of their companies when something very different might actually be going on. Anyway it was only one article that stuck in my mind and I only repeated what I read.

While I do agree that a CEO has a job to make his/her company look good this was a quote from the Earnings call (the one they do w/ investors).

https://www.imore.com/apple-earnings-q1-2018

iPhone X was the best-selling smartphone in the world in the December quarter according to Canalis and it has been our top-selling phone every week since it launched.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I read Samsung was having trouble getting rid of screens. Apple being perhaps their biggest customer does make one wonder. Also read Apple said the "X" was not the big seller they had hoped it was going to be. In the millions? Certainly, but by Apple standards not nearly enough like they had anticipated and production was being cut back. Maybe Apple was due for a real world reality check.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Halting is done every year around some magic point in the spring except on the few models they keep over for base model offerings. The quote was originally leaked by a speculator/rumor leaker in China that recanted within two days I think. If anything it's telling of what the market will accept and maybe the world in general isn't flocking to 1k+ phones.

mattkerwin24

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
After a long time trying various phones including blackberry, windows and android phones l, I’ve moved back to iOS. Almost 6 years after I moved from iphone.

The new iPhone X is quite nice and wanted to try. Finding my way around with new gestures of iOS. I’m sure I’m gonna find it difficult to do certain things compared to android

Sold my pixel 2 yesterday and got this. Hopefully I keep it for a few months

Will keep you posted on how I like it.
You'll be back

vhl71

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
You'll be back

I really hope not. I’m kinda tired of switching phones every other month. Mainly because I don’t like android UI. I’ll come back to Windows if there is a surface phone. Not so sure about android. All android hardwares I tried are amazing. It’s just the ui and OS I don’t like.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Funny I was the opposite tho also switching between an iPhone 7 and my HTC 10 at least every couple weeks or so. Never could decide but became quickly unhappy with the forced, locked down grid of the iPhone OS so I'd switch back to android. When OS 11 came out that picqued my interest in Apple for a couple months before I tried a P2 and put the iPhone into hyper sleep. No more Apple for me. They just want to much control and with the whole throttle your CPU because of your battery debacle, ( we wouldn't want you to drop a call) What BS but F'n Cooks very words. I'm done with them. My P2 runs circles around my iPhone 7 and after looking at the "X". Total MEH! Same ol same ol. And a grand along with a notch? Unbelievable. No wonder the sales have cooled. If you like the "X" fine, that's what choice is all about. I'd rather have a $350.00 less pricey phone that works better and is fully customizable.

Last edited:

vhl71

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Funny I was the opposite tho also switching between an iPhone 7 and my HTC 10 at least every couple weeks or so. Never could decide but became quickly unhappy with the forced, locked down grid of the iPhone OS so I'd switch back to android. When OS 11 came out that picqued my interest in Apple for a couple months before I tried a P2 and put the iPhone into hyper sleep. No more Apple for me. They just want to much control and with the whole throttle your CPU because of your battery debacle, ( we wouldn't want you to drop a call) What BS but F'n Cooks very words. I'm done with them. My P2 runs circles around my iPhone 7 and after looking at the "X". Total MEH! Same ol same ol. And a grand along with a notch? Unbelievable. No wonder the sales have cooled. If you like the "X" fine, that's what choice is all about. I'd rather have a $350.00 less pricey phone that works better and is fully customizable.

Agree to most of your comments. But I just don’t like Android UI. It’s clumsy and looks childish. I jus sold my pixel 2 and bought this.
I really hope Microsoft brings out the surface phone

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Agree to most of your comments. But I just don’t like Android UI. It’s clumsy and looks childish. I jus sold my pixel 2 and bought this.
I really hope Microsoft brings out the surface phone
It's fine that you don't like android for whatever reason. Childish tho? I don't see that these days but it really does depend on how one sets theirs up.
I pretty much like all of them(OS's) to a certain extent just think android in it's present iteration is pretty dang smooth. I really liked my iPhone 7 for it's smoothness and great battery life, but the P2 has that handled now.
A surface phone would have so much competition I don't think it will happen but if it does they better make sure it is one fast and smooth device or it's not going to be around long. I had a Nokia Icon and really liked it before getting an HTC M8 running windows. Man that was a sweet device. I took a long look at the X but just didn't get the attraction. After all these years it's still locked down the same. I just think for that kind of cash they should at least let you put your icons in a vertical stack off to one side or the other if you want to. Nope. Not for me at all.