Does the Pixel 2 have Bluetooth Issues?

TrueBlueKew

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone confirm that the JBL Flip 4 works with the Pixel 2 (non-XL)?

Should it be of assistance, the Flip 4 was released in 2017 and is running bluetooth 4.2 and has Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP).

Hoping to find an answer here vs a new thread.

Cheers,
TBK

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone confirm that the JBL Flip 4 works with the Pixel 2 (non-XL)?

Should it be of assistance, the Flip 4 was released in 2017 and is running bluetooth 4.2 and has Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP).

Hoping to find an answer here vs a new thread.

Cheers,
TBK

I can't see why not. A BT 5.0 device shouldn't have any trouble connecting to devices from a previous spec. In fact - I use my Pixel 2 XL with a Plantronics Voyager Legend, which is at least old enough to be a 4.2-spec device and it works just fine. You lose some BT 5.0 capabilities (some new HD audio specs) but it's overall compatible.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I've started having issues with mine. It's suddenly stopped sending a vibrate notification through my Gear S2 for text messages (works fine with other apps and I even factory reset my watch but still have the issue). I also can't get calls to go through my car head unit. No trouble with streaming music, just won't let me use it for calls even though both phone and head unit have it enabled. I really don't want to mess with doing a reset on my phone but between this and my rotation sensor randomly not working, I think I might have to.

bsannes

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I have issues when my pixel 2 xl is connected with my Huawei watch 2. If I have the phone function turned on through Bluetooth settings (to receive or make calls through the watch it's self) it randomly connects to my watch when I try and make a call with my phone. The weird thing is you won't hear audio from the watch or the phone until I turn on phone or speaker phone option in the call progress screen.
Very annoying. Tried reset of watch and Bluetooth seems on phone. No luck, so I just keep the phone function off on my watch and have no issues at all.

Have this same issue with my gear S2 ,had to end up turning off it able to take calls .

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Call and music have separate attributes. It sounds like you need to turn call volume to max. I use a program called "Bluetooth Volume Control" to remember Bluetooth volume by device.

I am going to try this out.... I hat ethat when I get in the car after listening on my headset in the office I have to adjust the volume... The Note 8 used to remember my volume.

theobject

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I've started having issues with mine. It's suddenly stopped sending a vibrate notification through my Gear S2 for text messages (works fine with other apps and I even factory reset my watch but still have the issue). I also can't get calls to go through my car head unit. No trouble with streaming music, just won't let me use it for calls even though both phone and head unit have it enabled. I really don't want to mess with doing a reset on my phone but between this and my rotation sensor randomly not working, I think I might have to.

Which messaging app do you use? I use Android Messenger (formerly Google Messenger) which was updated on 2/20 that broke vibrations for text messages to my Gear S2. I uninstalled the update and it is working fine again.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Which messaging app do you use? I use Android Messenger (formerly Google Messenger) which was updated on 2/20 that broke vibrations for text messages to my Gear S2. I uninstalled the update and it is working fine again.
I'll give that a try. I'm just using the stock app and that date sounds close to when I started having issues. It's only been a week or so.

Update: Yep, that fixed it! Thanks!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Back to audio, I just paired to a generic BT speaker/mic. My Motorola H720 and H850 headsets paired right up and my 2009 Civic with a Kenwood radio, after correcting one stupid mistake I made, paired too. I don't have anything that doesn't connect.

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
No...when I changed my watch settings it corrected my problem. My phone and watch work fine now

What watch settings did you change and what watch do you have?

I have a Gear 3 watch. I can answer calls on the phone or watch when connected via bluetooth but if I make a call with my phone with the watch connected I cannot hear the person on the other end (I don't think they can hear me either)

So before making a call I need to remember to turn off bluetooth on my phone to disconnect the watch.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
What watch settings did you change and what watch do you have?

I have a Gear 3 watch. I can answer calls on the phone or watch when connected via bluetooth but if I make a call with my phone with the watch connected I cannot hear the person on the other end (I don't think they can hear me either)

So before making a call I need to remember to turn off bluetooth on my phone to disconnect the watch.

I have a Ticwatch S I'm reviewing. I left it at work. I'll get back to you on the setting.

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Thank you! A very good description of the problem. I finally turned off phone call notifications all together. I do get a missed call or voicemail notification.

This is irritating. I would like to get an incoming call alert and vibrate but I really don't want to answer it from the watch.

I look forward to this being fixed.

I can confirm this problem on my wife's new Pixel 2 XL (Black and White, December build) but I've not experienced it on my November build Just Black Pixel 2 XL.

robtani

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I have the Pixel 2 and there's most definitely a bluetooth issue with my 2016 Toyota Corolla! I've noticed it's most repeatable if the phone is in Battery Saver mode. The Bluetooth connection just goes in a death spiral of connecting and disconnecting. I had no issues with 3 other phones used in this car (Sony Xperia XZ and XA1, as well as Moto Z).

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
So the only bt issue I still have is that I can't use the handsfree in my car. I have no problem automatically connecting and streaming music but it won't connect for phone. After about 30sec a error message pops up on the head unit saying "automatic connection failed" and anytime I try to make or answer a call it just can't get through my car. Again, no streaming issues, even after that failure message.

JStu313

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Updating my own situation with MY 2014 BMW X3...

So on a whim I decided to go into developer options and changed the Bluetooth AVRCP from the default of 1.4 to 1.6 and so far the connection has been vastly improved. As a bonus, I'm now getting more music info displayed too.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
To update my situation as well on my 2015 STi, I had to disable phone calls on my S2 watch and then everything worked fine on my car. Makes no sense as I had NO issues having both my watch and car enabled for calls on my S7Edge.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
To update my situation as well on my 2015 STi, I had to disable phone calls on my S2 watch and then everything worked fine on my car. Makes no sense as I had NO issues having both my watch and car enabled for calls on my S7Edge.

Samsung is doing some magic that allows multiple Bluetooth connections for similar connection types, they are the only manufacturer to do so.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad