Best weather radar on androud

Luke18

Nov 24, 2017
Visit site
Hello all,

Last night after my iPhone decided to shut down and then delete everything. I went out and got a Pixel 2xl....and let me say...I LOVE IT!!!!

With that said, I'm a huge weather buff, what is the best weather radar on the playstore? I had radarscope on my iPhone and loved it...but due to changing OS systems I have to repurchase everything and I don't want to spend 20 bucks again on the same thing. Plus I still have it on my iPad!

Any weather buffs out there.....PLEASE HELP!!

Luke

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

Last night after my iPhone decided to shut down and then delete everything. I went out and got a Pixel 2xl....and let me say...I LOVE IT!!!!

With that said, I'm a huge weather buff, what is the best weather radar on the playstore? I had radarscope on my iPhone and loved it...but due to changing OS systems I have to repurchase everything and I don't want to spend 20 bucks again on the same thing. Plus I still have it on my iPad!

Any weather buffs out there.....PLEASE HELP!!

Luke
Once you get all the settings figured out and configured, MyRadar Weather Radar is pretty good. Ads are intrusive, though.

I use the NOAA Weather Free app for my weather app and the radar tab within that app is pretty good, though basic.

Let me know what you find because I'm constantly looking for THE weather app and have switched around a lot.

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Funny this thread should pop up, as I too am on a quest for "the one" weather app that will do it all. Living in Oklahoma and with storm season approaching, I'm looking at radar quite frequently. So far I have installed and tried AccuWeather Platinum, Weather Underground, 1weather, The Weather Channel, NOAA Weather Radar & Alerts...among a few others I can't remember right now. They all have their pros and cons but in my opinion, The Weather Channel app has the best radar of the ones I've tried. Their radar map looks the nicest, has the best looking colors and smoothest animations inside the radar. The thing I don't like about the app is the ads. I hate ads and will always purchase an ad-free version, but they don't give that option. I like AccuWeather because it gives the longest future forecast, and I like Weather Underground for the personal weather station information so it gives hyper-local details.

All of that to say I'm still searching. I still have a few of them installed for various reasons, but I'd sure like to find one that provides everything I'm after. Maybe it doesn't exist? I don't know, but if anyone has any questions for other apps to try, I will certainly give them a look.

hybrisate

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm no weather buff, but I've always liked AccuWeather. Try the free version with ads, and if you like it, the ad-free version is $2.99.

While you're at it, install Google Opinion Rewards. If you don't mind taking surveys (mainly location history based,) you can start getting some Google play Credit. I've averaged about $25 per year over the past 4+ years. It's nice to have a few free bucks to buy apps/movies.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Weather Bug for years and it has served me well.

Not sure about now, but the free version used to get the most frequent updates, so it was better to use it over the paid version. The ads are not intrusive either.

Maljunulo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
I don't care if it "looks the nicest" I am interested in the information it conveys. RadarScope is the best by far. If you live in Tornado Alley, it could save you for $10.

If you don't understand the information ....... educate yourself.

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't care if it "looks the nicest" I am interested in the information it conveys. RadarScope is the best by far. If you live in Tornado Alley, it could save you for $10.

If you don't understand the information ....... educate yourself.
Um, thanks I guess??? Your post sounds pretty condescending. I have lived in tornado alley my entire life...no need to educate myself. I know what I'm looking at when looking at radar. Obviously aesthetics are not important to you. They are to me and they may be to others, as well. Not sure why you took issue with me sharing my opinion on which one looks the nicest. I'll check out RadarScope. Thanks for the suggestion.

Maljunulo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Um, thanks I guess??? Your post sounds pretty condescending. I have lived in tornado alley my entire life...no need to educate myself. I know what I'm looking at when looking at radar. Obviously aesthetics are not important to you. They are to me and they may be to others, as well. Not sure why you took issue with me sharing my opinion on which one looks the nicest. I'll check out RadarScope. Thanks for the suggestion.

I just shared my opinion too.

It is my understanding that the guys who drive around looking for them use (among other things) RadarScope. Everyone is free to make their own choice.

for3nsicguy

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
There are other really good weather apps, but there is no better weather radar app than Radarscope. I'm an Okie who owns both the Android and the iOS version of the app.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I like Radar Now ( USNaviguide LLC ) as my main radar only app.It shows some weather details but its main thing is just being a radar . It allows you to see the Velocity (base), or Velocity ( storm relative ) .
That is useful for seeing tornado vortex signature in storms.

I think you have to pay for the one time payment of the Premium features to see that tho.

I use WeatherBug (Weather Elite by Weatherbug ) as my normal everyday weather app / radar. I like the lightning tracker it has. But it does not have the ability to see the tornado vortex signature as Radar Now does

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I just did the Radarscope $9.99/yr Pro subscription.
First thing I did was set the motion to 20 frames and that is way cool!

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
We just had a storm front move through the Atlanta area and I'm quite pleased with the information and screen I got with my Radarscope Pro subscription. When I combine that with my personal weather station I'm really on top of what's going on! If anyone is interested in what my personal weather station looks like on WeatherUnderground, click this link.
https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KGALOGAN20#history

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If anyone is interested in what my personal weather station looks like on WeatherUnderground, click this link.
Interesting. I may have to upgrade my little weather measurement device; the one thing I really miss is wind direction. Also too bad the precipitation measurement doesn't 'stick' for several hours.
8cc0a8a448d984f4fc820ff1f45599ca.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084