I'm squeezing more every day: Google Assistant

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I've always liked Google Assistant. I use it a lot and when I got my Pixel 2, i usually accessed it by long pressing on the home button, but lately I find that i never use the home button, but squeeze instead. I seldom use voice. What was a feature I thought I wouldn't use much has now become a primary feature for me.

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
:cool: Sounds great @Jimbo1mcm : I just used Google assistant to open
androidcentral.com webpage .. but here's a dumb question
how do you used or apply the -Squeeze- action.?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I was using it quite often but sometimes I forget I have the ability. Beats saying OK Google in which case I feel like a dork with people around.

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site

Pixel 2 has sensors that enable you to just squeeze the frame. Pressure is adjustable.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I'm assuming you have a Pixel 2...during setup you would have enabled it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I use the Squeeze feature a lot more then I thought I would to launch assistant. Very convenient. I use that to launch versus "OK Google" since I don't want to yell that in public places but also at home so I don't trigger my Google Home speakers. I use "OK Google" at home for them and squeeze if I want it on the phone.

Luke18

Nov 24, 2017
Visit site
Curious, can you ask the assistant to call someone? I have and it keeps asking me other questions beside actually doing the question....

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Curious, can you ask the assistant to call someone? I have and it keeps asking me other questions beside actually doing the question....

Yep. I use it all the time. "Call Mom on Speakerphone" .. calls her on speakerphone.

Luke18

Nov 24, 2017
Visit site
Yep. I use it all the time. "Call Mom on Speakerphone" .. calls her on speakerphone.
Thanks!! The problem I'm having is when I say, call Mom and Dad it says....who. then who is your mom, then I can not do that...am I doing something wrong?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks!! The problem I'm having is when I say, call Mom and Dad it says....who. then who is your mom, then I can not do that...am I doing something wrong?

Are they listed as your Mom or Dad in your contacts? Or under their name?

If they are under their real name and you say Mom the Assistant is asking you who is your Mom so you can teach it that "Sarah" is your Mom or something.

Luke18

Nov 24, 2017
Visit site
Are they listed as your Mom or Dad in your contacts? Or under their name?

If they are under their real name and you say Mom the Assistant is asking you who is your Mom so you can teach it that "Sarah" is your Mom or something.
No I have it as Mom and Dad....as in their home phone.

bbycrts

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I use the Squeeze feature a lot more then I thought I would to launch assistant. Very convenient. I use that to launch versus "OK Google" since I don't want to yell that in public places but also at home so I don't trigger my Google Home speakers. I use "OK Google" at home for them and squeeze if I want it on the phone.

Exactly what I do! The squeeze is the best feature of the Pixel 2 - it's the only way I go into assistant any more. My wife also has a Pixel 2 but she always unlocks the phone (manually, because I can't convince her to use the fingerprint sensor), then taps the Google search bar, then taps the microphone. I always say, JUST SQUEEZE! but I guess if the fingerprint sensor is too new fangled the squeeze is just science fiction...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae