I've always liked Google Assistant. I use it a lot and when I got my Pixel 2, i usually accessed it by long pressing on the home button, but lately I find that i never use the home button, but squeeze instead. I seldom use voice. What was a feature I thought I wouldn't use much has now become a primary feature for me.
    anon(9485947) likes this.
    02-27-2018 05:08 AM
    Sounds great @Jimbo1mcm : I just used Google assistant to open
    androidcentral.com webpage .. but here's a dumb question
    how do you used or apply the -Squeeze- action.?
    02-27-2018 05:46 AM
    I was using it quite often but sometimes I forget I have the ability. Beats saying OK Google in which case I feel like a dork with people around.
    Sam_Gs7 likes this.
    02-27-2018 05:47 AM
    Pixel 2 has sensors that enable you to just squeeze the frame. Pressure is adjustable.
    Sam_Gs7 likes this.
    02-27-2018 09:10 AM
    I'm assuming you have a Pixel 2...during setup you would have enabled it.
    02-27-2018 11:10 AM
    I use the Squeeze feature a lot more then I thought I would to launch assistant. Very convenient. I use that to launch versus "OK Google" since I don't want to yell that in public places but also at home so I don't trigger my Google Home speakers. I use "OK Google" at home for them and squeeze if I want it on the phone.
    02-27-2018 12:24 PM
    I'll Echo the exact same thing. We have three Google home devices.
    02-27-2018 01:55 PM
    I'll Echo the exact same thing. We have three Google home devices.
    Likewise. 2 minis and 1 home. I want a max one day :P lol.
    02-27-2018 02:26 PM
    Yeah ,I squeeze instead of saying "Hey Google" to launch assistant.
    Then I ask my question
    02-27-2018 02:34 PM
    Active Edge or squeeze can be used to silence alarms and incoming phone calls too.
    02-27-2018 02:56 PM
    I hate saying "Hey Google", but I am still having trouble remembering to squeeze.
    02-27-2018 08:44 PM
    It's long been ingrained into my Pixel behaviour. It's awesome. I find myself squeezing it for no reason, it's so addictive.
    02-28-2018 05:24 PM
    Curious, can you ask the assistant to call someone? I have and it keeps asking me other questions beside actually doing the question....
    02-28-2018 06:33 PM
    Curious, can you ask the assistant to call someone? I have and it keeps asking me other questions beside actually doing the question....
    Yep. I use it all the time. "Call Mom on Speakerphone" .. calls her on speakerphone.
    02-28-2018 07:33 PM
    Yep. I use it all the time. "Call Mom on Speakerphone" .. calls her on speakerphone.
    Thanks!! The problem I'm having is when I say, call Mom and Dad it says....who. then who is your mom, then I can not do that...am I doing something wrong?
    02-28-2018 07:54 PM
    Thanks!! The problem I'm having is when I say, call Mom and Dad it says....who. then who is your mom, then I can not do that...am I doing something wrong?
    Are they listed as your Mom or Dad in your contacts? Or under their name?

If they are under their real name and you say Mom the Assistant is asking you who is your Mom so you can teach it that "Sarah" is your Mom or something.
    02-28-2018 09:26 PM
    Are they listed as your Mom or Dad in your contacts? Or under their name?

If they are under their real name and you say Mom the Assistant is asking you who is your Mom so you can teach it that "Sarah" is your Mom or something.
    No I have it as Mom and Dad....as in their home phone.
    02-28-2018 09:39 PM
    This is the way I set it up. Works perfectly!
    02-28-2018 10:09 PM
    I use the Squeeze feature a lot more then I thought I would to launch assistant. Very convenient. I use that to launch versus "OK Google" since I don't want to yell that in public places but also at home so I don't trigger my Google Home speakers. I use "OK Google" at home for them and squeeze if I want it on the phone.
    Exactly what I do! The squeeze is the best feature of the Pixel 2 - it's the only way I go into assistant any more. My wife also has a Pixel 2 but she always unlocks the phone (manually, because I can't convince her to use the fingerprint sensor), then taps the Google search bar, then taps the microphone. I always say, JUST SQUEEZE! but I guess if the fingerprint sensor is too new fangled the squeeze is just science fiction...
    Almeuit likes this.
    03-02-2018 01:39 PM
    I use this feature. Never though I would be using it this much. I like it. It come it handy.
    03-03-2018 08:28 PM
    When this feature was first announced I just shook my head and looked at the ceiling in disbelief. And now I use it multiple times every day!
    03-03-2018 10:03 PM
    I have Alexa in my room but find I often just squeeze instead, it's satisfying and I like the way she reads out my search results better than Alexa. maybe they should fight...
    03-04-2018 09:54 AM
    I do the same exact thing myself. When they announced the squeeze feature I thought it was kind of silly. But I use it all the time now.
    anon(9485947) likes this.
    03-04-2018 09:55 AM
    When this feature was first announced I just shook my head and looked at the ceiling in disbelief. And now I use it multiple times every day!
    That was my first reaction too. Wow, was I ever wrong!
    03-04-2018 06:05 PM