just got my xl

Derek Wright

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed that my particular phone seems to have pretty bad blue shift when not looking at the phone directly straight on. Kind of annoying, was hoping since I bought it 6 months after it released I wouldn't have the same issues others reported with the display.

That being said, idk if I feel like trying to return it. Seems like a pain in the ***, especially since I bought it through Verizon and not direct from Google. Not sure if that would affect the RMA process or not.

Thoughts on wether I should return it or not?

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
worth a shot. the panda xl I received on Nov 22 barely had blue shift. I heard some have it less than others and mine is not even. noticeable. unless I try really hard to look for it. good luck.

Knightmayre90

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
not that I'm knocking anyone but I just don't understand what the issue is with this blue tint. it's not even a tiny issue for me. sure it goes a little blue when I tilt it but I use my phone almost all of the time face on. even when it's on my desk and I'm not directly above it, it's not a problem. so much of what we do on our phones isn't white or hasn't a white background. people have been saying how it's ruined the whole use of the phone, like a blue tint is going to end the world!!! it's just a little blue, it's really not a big deal

anon(79257)

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Aside from checking for it right out of the box because I was curious, I haven't ever seen it again as I don't use my phones at an angle. Even my S8 has it a little.

Not sure I understand all of the mass hysteria associated with this topic. I'm more concerned that a $1,000 USD phone has touch sensitivity and scrolling issues. Rolling back to 8.0 sorted the scrolling issues, but the touch sensitivity issue was there pre 8.1.

enderhexfyre

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Aside from checking for it right out of the box because I was curious, I haven't ever seen it again as I don't use my phones at an angle. Even my S8 has it a little.

Not sure I understand all of the mass hysteria associated with this topic. I'm more concerned that a $1,000 USD phone has touch sensitivity and scrolling issues. Rolling back to 8.0 sorted the scrolling issues, but the touch sensitivity issue was there pre 8.1.
I agree the touch issue at least in my case causes the screen to jerk back and forth really fast if I'm holding 2 points on the screen playing a game. It's random but really annoying. I'm hoping they can fix it with a software patch but we'll see.

Derek Wright

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
not that I'm knocking anyone but I just don't understand what the issue is with this blue tint. it's not even a tiny issue for me. sure it goes a little blue when I tilt it but I use my phone almost all of the time face on. even when it's on my desk and I'm not directly above it, it's not a problem. so much of what we do on our phones isn't white or hasn't a white background. people have been saying how it's ruined the whole use of the phone, like a blue tint is going to end the world!!! it's just a little blue, it's really not a big deal

It's not really the end of the world to me, I'm probably just going to keep it since it doesn't affect me most of the time. It is very noticeable though, not just a small blue tint like some of them have

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
It's amazing how people justify a subpar feature on a High dollar phone 80% of your time is screen was a deal breaker for me

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
It's amazing how people justify a subpar feature on a High dollar phone 80% of your time is screen was a deal breaker for me

Its really quite simple, if you can't deal with the blue tint, then get a different phone. If it doesn't bother you then its just not an issue. All I know is when I use it normally, the screen is perfectly fine.

OP, yeah google now charges a $35 restocking fee for returns.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I would return it. The 2 XL is a great phone and you won't truly enjoy it if the blue shift issue is plaguing you. Let us know what you decide!

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Just got an XL on Friday from Google and couldn't be happier with the screen. I have it set on natural at about 45% brightness and it's very pleasant. Very subtile blue shift but nothing to fret about

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user