03-16-2018 07:09 AM
60 123
tools
    I've noticed that my particular phone seems to have pretty bad blue shift when not looking at the phone directly straight on. Kind of annoying, was hoping since I bought it 6 months after it released I wouldn't have the same issues others reported with the display.

That being said, idk if I feel like trying to return it. Seems like a pain in the ***, especially since I bought it through Verizon and not direct from Google. Not sure if that would affect the RMA process or not.

Thoughts on wether I should return it or not?
    03-04-2018 12:14 AM
    They won't exchange it for severe blue shift anymore. Your best bet is to return and lose your 35.00 or keep the phone.
    03-04-2018 12:16 AM
    They won't exchange it for severe blue shift anymore. Your best bet is to return and lose your 35.00 or keep the phone.
    Really? I wasn't aware of that. Guess I'm sticking with it then
    03-04-2018 12:26 AM
    Really? I wasn't aware of that. Guess I'm sticking with it then
    You can try contacting Google and Verizon to tell them the blue shift severely hurts your eyes and you can barely use the phone, but I'm not sure they'll replace it. Doesn't hurt to try
    03-04-2018 12:50 AM
    worth a shot. the panda xl I received on Nov 22 barely had blue shift. I heard some have it less than others and mine is not even. noticeable. unless I try really hard to look for it. good luck.
    03-04-2018 01:23 AM
    Return it and get a pixel 2.
    03-04-2018 01:37 AM
    Exactly what I did. I just didn’t want to deal with the bad screen lottery. Still not sure if I’m keeping it or not
    MooMooPrincess likes this.
    03-04-2018 08:02 AM
    not that I'm knocking anyone but I just don't understand what the issue is with this blue tint. it's not even a tiny issue for me. sure it goes a little blue when I tilt it but I use my phone almost all of the time face on. even when it's on my desk and I'm not directly above it, it's not a problem. so much of what we do on our phones isn't white or hasn't a white background. people have been saying how it's ruined the whole use of the phone, like a blue tint is going to end the world!!! it's just a little blue, it's really not a big deal
    TraderGary, bnice, hub1 and 1 others like this.
    03-04-2018 08:35 AM
    Aside from checking for it right out of the box because I was curious, I haven't ever seen it again as I don't use my phones at an angle. Even my S8 has it a little.

Not sure I understand all of the mass hysteria associated with this topic. I'm more concerned that a $1,000 USD phone has touch sensitivity and scrolling issues. Rolling back to 8.0 sorted the scrolling issues, but the touch sensitivity issue was there pre 8.1.
    03-04-2018 08:47 AM
    Aside from checking for it right out of the box because I was curious, I haven't ever seen it again as I don't use my phones at an angle. Even my S8 has it a little.

Not sure I understand all of the mass hysteria associated with this topic. I'm more concerned that a $1,000 USD phone has touch sensitivity and scrolling issues. Rolling back to 8.0 sorted the scrolling issues, but the touch sensitivity issue was there pre 8.1.
    I agree the touch issue at least in my case causes the screen to jerk back and forth really fast if I'm holding 2 points on the screen playing a game. It's random but really annoying. I'm hoping they can fix it with a software patch but we'll see.
    03-04-2018 11:20 AM
    I originally wanted the pixel 2 rather than the xl but they didn't have any kind of deal running for the smaller one
    03-04-2018 01:03 PM
    not that I'm knocking anyone but I just don't understand what the issue is with this blue tint. it's not even a tiny issue for me. sure it goes a little blue when I tilt it but I use my phone almost all of the time face on. even when it's on my desk and I'm not directly above it, it's not a problem. so much of what we do on our phones isn't white or hasn't a white background. people have been saying how it's ruined the whole use of the phone, like a blue tint is going to end the world!!! it's just a little blue, it's really not a big deal
    It's not really the end of the world to me, I'm probably just going to keep it since it doesn't affect me most of the time. It is very noticeable though, not just a small blue tint like some of them have
    03-04-2018 01:04 PM
    It's amazing how people justify a subpar feature on a High dollar phone 80% of your time is screen was a deal breaker for me
    jimbo1mcm and Vega007 like this.
    03-04-2018 01:32 PM
    It's amazing how people justify a subpar feature on a High dollar phone 80% of your time is screen was a deal breaker for me
    What percent of the time do you look at your screen at an off-angle?
    03-04-2018 01:53 PM
    Its really quite simple, if you can't deal with the blue tint, then get a different phone. If it doesn't bother you then its just not an issue. All I know is when I use it normally, the screen is perfectly fine.

OP, yeah google now charges a $35 restocking fee for returns.
    03-04-2018 03:20 PM
    For me 85% of the time I look off angle but I doubt most people do more than 30%
    PowrDroid likes this.
    03-04-2018 03:21 PM
    Every time my phone is on a table and I get a notification multiple times a day
    03-04-2018 03:34 PM
    I would return it. The 2 XL is a great phone and you won't truly enjoy it if the blue shift issue is plaguing you. Let us know what you decide!
    jimbo1mcm likes this.
    03-04-2018 03:41 PM
    Just got an XL on Friday from Google and couldn't be happier with the screen. I have it set on natural at about 45% brightness and it's very pleasant. Very subtile blue shift but nothing to fret about
    03-05-2018 02:47 AM
    Try getting in touch with Google Support and see what they can do.
    03-05-2018 10:09 AM
    How much lower would the price need to get before it was no longer a "High dollar phone" and the so-called blue tint would be acceptable? Because Best Buy has the 2 XL on sale for $549 (on monthly plan)
    03-05-2018 07:22 PM
    I must have got a good one because mine doesn't shift any different than the Samsungs.... In fact I think some Samsungs have more shift around the edges than I can really stand
    03-05-2018 09:46 PM
    He can probably get Verizon to exchange it for another if he calls they 800 number.
    03-05-2018 09:47 PM
    I was one of the first to get a Pixel 2 XL and I didn't know I was supposed to be upset about "blue shift" until I read about it in forums. For me it's totally overblown. What I really notice is how fast it is and how good the camera is.
    03-05-2018 10:24 PM
    Got my XL yesterday. Screen is far better than many reviewers say. The phone is so fast, fluid and exellent in every way. Camera is superb.

Coming from a Note 8 with no regrets.
    03-06-2018 12:05 PM
60 123