March Update is out!

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Guys how do I update Google play services? I'm still in 11.9. can't just go to Google play to update it.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Google for the APK for the play services update. That worked for me. One of the Android tech sites had it up previously but a Google search should get it.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Google for the APK for the play services update. That worked for me. One of the Android tech sites had it up previously but a Google search should get it.

My Google Play Services stays updated whenever I click on Google Play and check for updates.
I've never had to search for an APK to update it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
My Google Play Services stays updated whenever I click on Google Play and check for updates.

Just luck of the draw. Play Services updates in the back ground (you won't see it from the Play Store like a normal app update).

wyelkins

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I updated the Google Play Services Beta by going to applications and finding it. I was already on Beta but I did not know there was an update.

Then I hit the check for Updates button and it ACTUALLY Worked!

Hope this works next month

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
It seems I get the monthly updates around the 10th of the month. I don't stress over it since these updates don't change much that I can see. Mostly behind the scenes stuff.

If I go to "check for updates" it normally says it already checked within the past few hours so no reason to keep checking manually. When its there its there..

I'm on Google Fi, I would think us FIs would be the first on the list!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It seems I get the monthly updates around the 10th of the month. I don't stress over it since these updates don't change much that I can see. Mostly behind the scenes stuff.

If I go to "check for updates" it normally says it already checked within the past few hours so no reason to keep checking manually. When its there its there..

I'm on Google Fi, I would think us FIs would be the first on the list!

See previous comments about the Google Play Version. It has nothing to do with your carrier :p. Below is what was done this month.

These are part of the March Security Bulletin and besides patches for the critical vulnerabilities found in Android and hardware partner's code, some bug fixes and software improvements are inbound for Google's family of devices. Don't get excited, though, there's nothing fun in there.

* Improve screen wake performance with fingerprint unlock (Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL)
* Improve audio performance when recording video (Pixel 2 XL)
* Improve crash reporting (Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL)

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I have version 11.9.75 of google play services, how do I get version 12? My check for update works or looks like it does.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site

I thought ths was a beta update to play services. What you did didn't do a thing for my play services app. The apk option was being discussed last month I think in a thread around here some place. In any case what ever worked is good.

Lilybell2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
how do I get 12?

In my case, I updated Google Play Services to version 12.2.17 by getting the APK from APK Mirror. Once that version was installed "Check for update" actually worked, and I was able to get the March update on both my Pixel XL and my Pixel 2 XL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair