March Update is out!

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Fingers crossed I think I may have found my issue. Right before I took the update I had gone in to my Zedge app and down loaded a wallpaper. Forgot all about it but soon after my chrome browser started acting weird, got real janky and froze up alot then I got a pop up , one of those bogus ones wanting you to click on something to fix your problem. Closed it out and even cleared the browser cache and it persisted so I uninstalled chrome and reinstalled it. Problem solved I thought. Took the update, chrome was acting fine again so thought nothing of it untill the disapearing contacts started happening. Had forgotten about the issue with chrome and was focused on the update being the problem. Yesterday I went in and uninstalled Zedge and all files I had associated with it and so far so good. The contacts are remaining on my phone. The contacts I lost will probably be subjected to spam calls I suppose, hopefully nothing worse.
In any case just thought I'd share. no more Zedge for me. I will be lesss likely to install anything even if it is supposedly google play store approved.
Take the March update, I think it improved my already good battery even better.

Glad you sorted it out! :cool:

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
If I had those symptoms I would immediately do a factory reset and start with a fresh install.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing as an extra precaution. Also kind of makes me wonder what else is lurking in the Play Store waiting for an unsuspecting download. Think I'll stay away from that place other than the apps I have used for years.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
When I get to the update step, mine only show "Deactivate", no update option

I'm on 11.9.75

Oh well
Rick

I had the same issue. I believe you go all the way down and click the link to join the beta program. Join it and then wait a bit. When you go back the update option should be available.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue. I believe you go all the way down and click the link to join the beta program. Join it and then wait a bit. When you go back the update option should be available.
That method of beta joining never did work for me as well as some others. It worked for you tho? I ended up finding the apk mirror and updating play services that way.

csleverette

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Just have to update your Google Play Services. Google fixed it to where you get the update now as soon as you hit "Check for Update" :).
Thought that was a beta thing. Going there under apps takes me to the play store and the only option is deactivate.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Just have to update your Google Play Services. Google fixed it to where you get the update now as soon as you hit "Check for Update" :).
Followed the steps in an earlier post, updated my GP services, hit update button and boom, there she was. Nice to get security updates in the beginning of the month instead of whenever and on the last day of the month, even for unlocked devices, at you Samsung

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Google Play services is back actually the back bone to Android contains most of the apks all that stuff
Thanks I installed Google play on my OnePlus 5T so I could install the pixel 2 camera software ,1st time i installed the wrong play version and ended up resetting my phone to correct my error , also noticed after installing there is now a second place to check for security updates not the typical ios location

mwb1957

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Verizon 2XL. Just got the March security update OTA.
Interesting to note that the January and February updates both came on the 5th of each month respectively. The March update did not come until the 13th.