Pixel 2 display defect?

ImTurningViolet

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
My p2 is doing that now too, and I saw a couple of threads on Reddit about it. I noticed the light band at the top of the screen first.

I just tested my lock screen and it has that weird sphere at the bottom too.

Some people are saying the light band at the top is a design feature. Can anyone confirm?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
My p2 is doing that now too, and I saw a couple of threads on Reddit about it. I noticed the light band at the top of the screen first.

I just tested my lock screen and it has that weird sphere at the bottom too.

Some people are saying the light band at the top is a design feature. Can anyone confirm?

Design feature?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah. Some people are saying that the band appeared after an update and that it's supposed to be that way. It's definitely a software issue- only happens on the home screen.
But yours definitely doesn't have it, right?

Doesn't show on mine. Does it appear on a screenshot or picture of your screen?
If it's not on a screenshot it's screen defect.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah. Some people are saying that the band appeared after an update and that it's supposed to be that way. It's definitely a software issue- only happens on the home screen.
But yours definitely doesn't have it, right?

I changed my wallpaper to a solid color. My screen is uniform except slightly lighter color at bottom which is normal

Attachments

• 27483.jpg
    27483.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 80

ImTurningViolet

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Also, I can see it happen. When I unlock my phone, it isn't there, and then it shows up in a second. And it's only on the home screen. It doesn't happen when I look at photos or websites.

ImTurningViolet

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
My best guess is it's a hardware issue. Screenshots will show what software is attempting to display, but won't show screen defects.

Support says it's a hardware issue and they're sending me another one. :( Good I guess, but I'm sick of replacing Pixels.

Last edited:

ImTurningViolet

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
If it only appears on the Home screen and not in your app drawer or on your Feed screen or any other application screen then I doubt it's a hardware problem.
What happens if you use a different Launcher?

I don't know. This just happened last night. I haven't tried a different launcher. There's this lock screen issue too- the sphere at the bottom.

IMG_9753.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tgksnow