06-12-2018 11:41 PM
56 123
tools
    Since I skipped over the first gen Pixel and had Nexus previously. I decided getting the smaller Pixel 2 anyway on my device the very top of the display seems distorted I see bars varying in different blacks. Also I heard Google will send me mostly likely a refurbished phone which is disappointing.
    03-09-2018 01:34 PM
    Also I heard Google will send me mostly likely a refurbished phone which is disappointing.
    If you're still within the return period, return the phone and re-order it but Google should be accommodating with sending a new device within a period of time after new. After that the warranty CLEARLY details what you're owed on a claim - your device repaired with new or refurbished parts, or a replacement device with refurbished as the "preferred" (for them) selection and new only if refurb is not available.

Consider the environmentals of it - if new devices were issued as replacements under warranty, what would happen to all those returned devices? Right now, they get repaired and issued as refurb for warranty replacement.
    03-09-2018 01:52 PM
    Yes I understand thanks for the help.
    03-09-2018 02:02 PM
    Since I skipped over the first gen Pixel and had Nexus previously. I decided getting the smaller Pixel 2 anyway on my device the very top of the display seems distorted I see bars varying in different blacks. Also I heard Google will send me mostly likely a refurbished phone which is disappointing.
    I've preferred refurbished. It means some person has checked it over and brought it into compliance. If you get one fresh off the line no one has actually used it to see if it works.
    03-09-2018 02:24 PM
    I've gotten like 6 replacements, all have been new units.
    03-09-2018 03:17 PM
    Thanks everyone for your input I've already requested for a new one also Google support today was on par with Apple.
    03-09-2018 03:39 PM
    If you're still within the return period, return the phone and re-order it but Google should be accommodating with sending a new device within a period of time after new. After that the warranty CLEARLY details what you're owed on a claim - your device repaired with new or refurbished parts, or a replacement device with refurbished as the "preferred" (for them) selection and new only if refurb is not available.

Consider the environmentals of it - if new devices were issued as replacements under warranty, what would happen to all those returned devices? Right now, they get repaired and issued as refurb for warranty replacement.
    Google has been very generous with brand new replacements
    03-09-2018 05:47 PM
    Finally got my replacement 2 days ago the display is better than the last hope it'll last me more than 3 years.
    03-16-2018 02:35 PM
    Finally got my replacement 2 days ago the display is better than the last hope it'll last me more than 3 years.
    Three years is a long time for the battery
    03-17-2018 10:15 AM
    Three years is a long time for the battery
    Yep, but a lot of the choices Google has made with the battery... Like a conservative charging profile... Should help reduce the rate of degradation.
    03-18-2018 04:50 AM
    Well looks like that black crush or banding is back on my display right where the notification icons are I think black wallpapers are a no go. Now I know Google is going for all whites.
    03-23-2018 02:25 PM
    Well looks like that black crush or banding is back on my display right where the notification icons are I think black wallpapers are a no go. Now I know Google is going for all whites.
    There seems to be a similar issue with the Samsung displays on the S9 as well. Hopefully we will see a fix
    03-23-2018 02:31 PM
    There seems to be a similar issue with the Samsung displays on the S9 as well. Hopefully we will see a fix
    Yeah hopefully
    03-25-2018 11:42 PM
    Looks like I have to get another replacement and I can't get a refund anymore.
    03-26-2018 09:04 PM
    Looks like I have to get another replacement and I can't get a refund anymore.
    Let's hope that the third times a charm
    03-26-2018 09:09 PM
    Let's hope that the third times a charm
    I told support the same thing
    03-26-2018 09:31 PM
    This isn't the third replacement but my second one haven't processed the return yet but do you think that's bad quality control?
    Attached Thumbnails Pixel 2 display defect?-img_20180402_175543396.jpg   Pixel 2 display defect?-img_20180402_175911322.jpg  
    04-02-2018 08:03 PM
    This isn't the third replacement but my second one haven't processed the return yet but do you think that's bad quality control?
    No idea what I'm.looking for
    Hypnotoadd likes this.
    04-02-2018 08:16 PM
    No idea what I'm.looking for
    Alright top where icons are it looks like when you're fixing blacks on a display "grayscale"

When turning on the phone top portion looks grayish black with half circle of actual black on the bottom.
    04-02-2018 08:25 PM
    I'm not sure what I'm looking at in your attached photos either.
    It looks like you're taking flash photos in a mirror?
    Maybe some further explanation of what I'm seeing.
    04-03-2018 12:45 AM
    My p2 is doing that now too, and I saw a couple of threads on Reddit about it. I noticed the light band at the top of the screen first.

I just tested my lock screen and it has that weird sphere at the bottom too.

Some people are saying the light band at the top is a design feature. Can anyone confirm?
    04-03-2018 05:58 AM
    My p2 is doing that now too, and I saw a couple of threads on Reddit about it. I noticed the light band at the top of the screen first.

I just tested my lock screen and it has that weird sphere at the bottom too.

Some people are saying the light band at the top is a design feature. Can anyone confirm?
    Design feature?
    04-03-2018 10:30 AM
    Some people are saying the light band at the top is a design feature.
    I wouldn't call it a 'feature' - more like part of how LCD back-lit technology works.
    There can be some light bleed, noticeable under certain conditions.
    04-03-2018 12:23 PM
    Design feature?
    Yeah. Some people are saying that the band appeared after an update and that it's supposed to be that way. It's definitely a software issue- only happens on the home screen.
    But yours definitely doesn't have it, right?
    04-03-2018 12:42 PM
    Yeah. Some people are saying that the band appeared after an update and that it's supposed to be that way. It's definitely a software issue- only happens on the home screen.
    But yours definitely doesn't have it, right?
    Doesn't show on mine. Does it appear on a screenshot or picture of your screen?
    If it's not on a screenshot it's screen defect.
    04-03-2018 01:23 PM
56 123