04-03-2018 01:31 AM
193 12345 ...
tools
    Want: Availability. In my country, we only have the XL version, and it is only available to customers of a specific teleco.

Wish in decreasing importance: Smaller bezels, at least provide a decent usb-c earphones instead of a dongle, more premium materials/look
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-12-2018 12:53 PM
    I would love to see the best screen ever! Highest resolution you could get like 3200×1440 display, and better camera with dual lens and F-stop settings. and better sound.
    03-12-2018 01:06 PM
    I want to see a device with slimmed bezeals and perhaps a better waterproofing rating. that's just me tho

I own the Pixel 2 and love it so I will probably stick with this phone untill the Pixel 4 comes out. I love that with the native software and hardware that is both designed by Google and just blends so well.
    03-12-2018 01:37 PM
    Dual SIM or hybrid (that's the only reason I don't get the XL, i hate going around with two phones). With what they did with one camera, I would be really curious to see them have two.
    And the usual...bigger battery, a slightly better finish. Please no notch!
    As an iPhone X owner I was worried about the notch. To be quite honest, I forget it is even there. If they put a notch on the next Pixel my only reason for disliking it will be because they copied Apple. Why do that?
    03-12-2018 01:38 PM
    I think biggest unknown is whether the Pixel line continues. Sales have been abysmal compared to iPhone and Samsung and Google is not known for the longevity of some of its efforts.
    I think they are doing just fine and it's unrealistic to expect them to take a huge BYTE out of Samsung or iPhone.
    Note: Bite spelled incorrectly on purpose.
    kpo6969 likes this.
    03-12-2018 01:55 PM
    As an iPhone X owner I was worried about the notch. To be quite honest, I forget it is even there. If they put a notch on the next Pixel my only reason for disliking it will be because they copied Apple. Why do that?
    Probably the same reason that Apple "copied" essential, etc. If you want more display and less body, the notch is happening.
    03-12-2018 02:22 PM
    I like the current screen to body ratio on the 2XL, it is worth it for front facing speakers.
    Ben_70 likes this.
    03-12-2018 02:43 PM
    Get rid of the front facing speakers and maximize the screen to body.

improved display

faster charging

faster fingerprint and proximity sensor reaction time
    03-12-2018 05:06 PM
    Get rid of the front facing speakers and maximize the screen to body.

improved display

faster charging

faster fingerprint and proximity sensor reaction time
    The fingerprint sensor is instantaneous on mine
    Hypnotoadd likes this.
    03-12-2018 05:13 PM
    Probably the same reason that Apple "copied" essential, etc. If you want more display and less body, the notch is happening.
    Exactly. It is inevitable. Gotta have somewhere for the sensors and speaker.
    03-12-2018 05:31 PM
    The fingerprint sensor is instantaneous on mine
    Same here...I don't know how it could get any faster.
    03-12-2018 07:01 PM
    I have a Pixel on Fi, though my primary phone is an iPhone X. They are surprisingly similar in physical size, though not in screen real estate. I don't have a Pixel 2 because it wasn't a significant improvement over the Pixel. The 2XL was an improvement, but I wasn't interested in the size. So what I would NOT like to see in a Pixel 3, nor 3XL, is bezels. Everyone else has figured it out. Bigger screen, smaller phone. One thing I would like to see is wireless charging. Been spoiled by that through years of Windows Phones, and now the iPhone. Apple has done it, so it's OK now . The notch doesn't bother me, but on the iPhone there is a reason for it. Their face recognition is amazing, and it depends on the sensors in the bezel. It is more than just a camera with fancy software behind it. My Lumia's do Iris recognition using IR illumination and it is pretty good. Apple's is better. If a notch is there just to be a notch, bleech. If it is there for a reason, fine.
    So, no bezels, wireless charging, and of course Fi support.
    03-12-2018 07:40 PM
    How about BT that works! Lets start with the basics
    osubeavs728 likes this.
    03-12-2018 07:52 PM
    Not so much what I want to see in the phone so much as what I expect out of Google; take your time, build a few prototypes, tweak them to perfection, QA the hell out of it, and then go back and QA the hell out of it some more. Almost good isn't good enough. Then sell me a phone I want. Oh and test Android Auto with a '16 Civic, if you don't mind.
    03-12-2018 08:23 PM
    Hmmm... I like the build the way it is for the most part, but ...

- No Notch! Bezel reduction is okay, but keep the FF camera and all in some bezel!
    - Wireless charging is okay, but not at the sacrifice of fast charging OR increased cost.
    - Second camera paired with Google's software would yield amazing results, so that's an okay add
    - Continue to optimize the software and increase battery life

AND... the unpopular call ... Double down on LG screens and the almost $4 billion that Apple and Google invested with LG to improve that technology. Gotta get off the Samsung dependence sometime...
    03-12-2018 10:04 PM
    Make it available on Sprint!!

* I know you can use it on Sprint but just make it available in store.
    03-12-2018 10:48 PM
    The pixel line already rings all my bells and for 'me' it is the best android out there. Boomsound would just be more icing on the cake. I think phone speakers will continue to improve and device makers are always looking for some new innovations to best the competition. So anything is posible. Even me keeping the Pixel 2 for 2 years is possible. Not sure what they could addd to it to make it better enough to warrant an upgrade after only one year, even better speakers.
    I agree. this phone is awesome as it is. Only a better display and maybe a dual camera would make me consider upgrading after a year.
    03-13-2018 12:02 AM
    Want: Availability. In my country, we only have the XL version, and it is only available to customers of a specific teleco.

Wish in decreasing importance: Smaller bezels, at least provide a decent usb-c earphones instead of a dongle, more premium materials/look
    Hope the Pixel line will come to your country eventually! That is too bad. And I agree with your second point, as well: I'd love USB-C too!
    03-13-2018 06:46 AM
    i chose the 2xl because my Samsung S7 edge just wasn't enough anymore and there was so much bloat ware on it. I really miss my wireless charging and it would be a huge plus for me. I like the dual speakers, they sound great unless you use a case that blocks them. I would prefer they stick with the "Samsung glass" on both phones. and the Pixel launcher I would prefer to have the ability to personalize. I like the Nova launcher and others but don't want to use them.
    03-13-2018 07:22 AM
    Wireless charging. Had it on my Nexus 6 and loved it. Missing it on my Pixel XL. Make sure it is tested thoroughly. Seems there were alot of issues reported with the Pixel 2. Keep the dual speakers. Make 64GB the minimum memory. No increase in price.
    03-13-2018 01:18 PM
    At the end of the day regardless of design most of us buy the Nexus/ pixel phones for the pure up to date Android software. The design and any extra features are not going to make or break my purchase decision. Just my 2 cents.
    And Project fi
    TraderGary and Hypnotoadd like this.
    03-13-2018 03:26 PM
    Wireless charging would be a nice touch but coming from a Note 8 to the P2XL, it’s something I really don’t miss. Continue to tweak and optimize android OS, continue to AMAZE with the stellar camera and please, please NO NOTCH!!

Lastly, if google could have a separate notification and ring tone slide that would be great, sometimes I don’t want my notifications as loud as my ringtone and vice versa
    TraderGary, EMGSM and Ben_70 like this.
    03-13-2018 03:36 PM
    Keep the stereo speakers, enable wireless charging and give us facial and/or retina unlock and I'm sticking with pixel. I love my 2XL. competition is fierce and exciting right now but the Google phone has definitely changed how I use my phone. I find I rely on it to organise my life so much more now. And I'm happy to do so too.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-14-2018 12:37 AM
    Keep the stereo speakers, enable wireless charging and give us facial and/or retina unlock and I'm sticking with pixel. I love my 2XL. competition is fierce and exciting right now but the Google phone has definitely changed how I use my phone. I find I rely on it to organise my life so much more now. And I'm happy to do so too.
    It does sound like a great organizational tool! Can't wait to get mine!
    03-14-2018 06:31 AM
    Sometimes I wonder if people see the notch and think "ooh that's the next great feature!" instead of recognizing it as drawback one has to suffer in order to maximize screen:body ratio while still allowing for sensors on the front of the phone.

Personally, I really, really dislike using phones that have virtually no bezel at the top and bottom as it makes accidental touches a real problem for me. I'd rather have minimal bezels (not much smaller than its present design) that don't generate the touch issue, while also allowing for front-firing speakers and not having to find workarounds for displaying media, etc, than negating the bezels entirely.
    03-14-2018 10:25 AM
193 12345 ...