04-03-2018 01:31 AM
193 ... 678
tools
    IMO Google went to far to the right and too far to the left. The XL is too big and Pixel 2's SCREEN is too small. The form factor is perfect but 5" is just not big enough for my middle aged eyes. Hurts media consumption and makes typing a chore as well. Get rid of the front facing speakers, go stereo like Apple and Samsung, reduce those bezels and call it a day. Should be a 5.8 inch screen. Basically, the GS9 without the curved screen. My money is waiting patiently to hand over too you Google. Thanks.
    The Pixel is stereo as far as I can recall
    03-29-2018 10:16 AM
    The Pixel is stereo as far as I can recall
    Yeah it is, but they're saying get rid of the front facing and just do them the way Apple and Samsung do. The earpiece will double as a speaker and have a bottom firing speaker so they can reduce the bezels. I personally prefer the FFS, but that's just me.
    ClintRo likes this.
    03-29-2018 04:24 PM
    Yeah it is, but they're saying get rid of the front facing and just do them the way Apple and Samsung do. The earpiece will double as a speaker and have a bottom firing speaker so they can reduce the bezels. I personally prefer the FFS, but that's just me.
    I prefer FFS as well. They sound much better. I found with my s9 my finger always covered the bottom speaker. The front facing speakers work best for me.
    ClintRo likes this.
    03-29-2018 04:32 PM
    Most people seem to want to FFS. Honestly, as long as I have two speakers I'm good. I use mostly headphones or buds anyway.
    03-29-2018 05:25 PM
    Most people seem to want to FFS. Honestly, as long as I have two speakers I'm good. I use mostly headphones or buds anyway.
    Yeah, I prefer FFS, but the 2 speakers on my S9 are good. I find the speaker phone on my S9 is better than my Pixel 2 XL, but for music the Pixel 2 XL is better. I can use it in the shower and it doesn't require me to use my Bluetooth speaker. With the S9, it's just not quite as loud. Either way though, I'm with you, I mostly use headphones. Neither are a deal breaker.
    ClintRo likes this.
    03-29-2018 05:43 PM
    I have used the pixel 2, pixel 2xl and the Iphone X. The Iphone sounds just as good, if not better than the pixel's with their FFS. It's no boom sound, thats for sure. My personal preference is the smaller form factor without the FFS.
    03-30-2018 07:15 AM
    FFS please. It's in the top 4 things I want in any phone I get.
    03-30-2018 11:12 AM
    IMO Google went to far to the right and too far to the left. The XL is too big and Pixel 2's SCREEN is too small. The form factor is perfect but 5" is just not big enough for my middle aged eyes. Hurts media consumption and makes typing a chore as well. Get rid of the front facing speakers, go stereo like Apple and Samsung, reduce those bezels and call it a day. Should be a 5.8 inch screen. Basically, the GS9 without the curved screen. My money is waiting patiently to hand over too you Google. Thanks.
    One thing I like about the iPhone X is the form factor. Good sized screen (don't care about the notch, but I hope Google wouldn't implement one). The baby Pixel 2 is a good size overall, but with the navigation buttons and notification bar take up part of the screen, a standard 1080p display size just feels a little cramped. If the bezel size/concept of the XL was extended to the baby pixel, I'd be very happy.
    04-01-2018 08:09 PM
    One thing I like about the iPhone X is the form factor. Good sized screen (don't care about the notch, but I hope Google wouldn't implement one). The baby Pixel 2 is a good size overall, but with the navigation buttons and notification bar take up part of the screen, a standard 1080p display size just feels a little cramped. If the bezel size/concept of the XL was extended to the baby pixel, I'd be very happy.
    If only you could swipe away the nav bar if there is already someone tell me how.
    04-01-2018 08:49 PM
    If only you could swipe away the nav bar if there is already someone tell me how.
    I get rid of the Nav Bar with Nova Prime! Get it in the Google Play Store.
    04-02-2018 12:56 AM
    I can't be bothered for third party launchers. Makes the phone feel like it could be any phone.
    04-02-2018 03:33 PM
    I can't be bothered for third party launchers. Makes the phone feel like it could be any phone.
    Interesting perspective....😎
    04-02-2018 03:39 PM
    Interesting perspective....
    I like to use phones as the manufacturer intended. Whether that's BlackBerry launcher on the Priv, HTC Sense on the HTC 10 or Pixel launcher on the Pixel 2!
    04-02-2018 03:41 PM
    I like to use phones as the manufacturer intended. Whether that's BlackBerry launcher on the Priv, HTC Sense on the HTC 10 or Pixel launcher on the Pixel 2!
    I hear you....I'm mostly a stock launcher kind of guy. I used to play the launcher hopping game on all my Moto Droids but always ended up back to stock because the Droids had some nice features. I did use Nova on my G5 and V20 but on the Pixel I'm perfectly happy with stock. Weird because I tried the Pixel launcher on the LGs but didn't like it.
    04-02-2018 03:55 PM
    I hear you....I'm mostly a stock launcher kind of guy. I used to play the launcher hopping game on all my Moto Droids but always ended up back to stock because the Droids had some nice features. I did use Nova on my G5 and V20 but on the Pixel I'm perfectly happy with stock. Weird because I tried the Pixel launcher on the LGs but didn't like it.
    Yeah. Nova is awesome for sure, but there's just so much customisation possible on it that it gives me a headache!
    04-02-2018 03:58 PM
    Yeah. Nova is awesome for sure, but there's just so much customisation possible on it that it gives me a headache!
    Lol. Definitely Overkill but I'm sure it's a good fit for some
    04-02-2018 04:08 PM
    I get rid of the Nav Bar with Nova Prime! Get it in the Google Play Store.
    Alright cool thanks Gary
    04-02-2018 05:23 PM
    Yeah, I haven't really heard a lot of people make those complaints. They could be two totally different phones and I wouldn't care. I'm only getting one of them so how the other phone looks has nothing to do with me or the phone I buy. I think the Pixel 2 is ugly, but that had no bearing on me getting a 2XL.

I do agree about boomsound though. Clearly the marketing worked though because people still say they want it in their phone lol.
    Boomsound is an audio profile, HTC at one time used Beats by Dre audio profile, there probably is a patent, but boomsound is more than speakers, it's also headphone audio.
    04-03-2018 01:31 AM
193 ... 678