Can't send SMS

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Hey all, have any of you had an issue where you were unable to send someone a text? I was in the middle of a conversation yesterday then suddenly I couldn't send them any texts. I can receive theirs and I can even send a MMS but SMS won't go through. I just get "Sending..." Then an "unable to send, tap to try again" message. It only affects this 1 contact and only for outgoing SMS. I've restarted my phone, force closed the message app, cleared the cache for the app, deleted the previous conversation and nothing...

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Seriously? I deal with this for 12 hrs and the second I make a post about it it magically starts working...

Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
So glad it's now working for you! Are you using the stock SMS app that came with your phone? I once had an issue with Textra not sending SMS to a few contacts; but the app development team helped me fix it. Sometimes there are random little glitches - from who knows where! - that just make things on our phone stop working for a while. Maybe something was up with the cell towers briefly; maybe signal was spotty; maybe your recipient was in a spotty signal area or moved to such an area and so your texts weren't sending... Who knows! 🤣 Glad it's working for you now! Texts not being able to send is the worst!

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
So glad it's now working for you! Are you using the stock SMS app that came with your phone? I once had an issue with Textra not sending SMS to a few contacts; but the app development team helped me fix it. Sometimes there are random little glitches - from who knows where! - that just make things on our phone stop working for a while. Maybe something was up with the cell towers briefly; maybe signal was spotty; maybe your recipient was in a spotty signal area or moved to such an area and so your texts weren't sending... Who knows! 🤣 Glad it's working for you now! Texts not being able to send is the worst!
Yeah, I use the stock app. What's weird is it would send MMS but not SMS. It was mostly just annoying because I was in the middle of a conversation when it happened. It was my mom that I couldn't text but my brother, dad, and wife would send instantly. There just must have been a hiccup somewhere.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
My wife is convinced that both her computer and her phone hate her. :)
Sounds like me and Waze. Voice commands work fine when I'm alone in my car but as soon as I try to use a voice command with someone in the car, it doesn't work and I look like an ***** yelling "OK WAZE" repeatedly at my phone... Lol

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I use the stock app. What's weird is it would send MMS but not SMS. It was mostly just annoying because I was in the middle of a conversation when it happened. It was my mom that I couldn't text but my brother, dad, and wife would send instantly. There just must have been a hiccup somewhere.

That is so strange! You'd think that MMS would be more difficult to send than SMS. In any case, glad it is working for you now! :) It's always right in the middle of a conversation when you need to respond promptly, isn't it? 😞