Google Assistant issue

josh44#AC

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Whenever I launch Google Assistant, it says "Good morning <name>...." and that is recorded and searched. Everytime this happens and is really annoying. Does it happen to anyone else?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Whenever I launch Google Assistant, it says "Good morning <name>...." and that is recorded and searched. Everytime this happens and is really annoying. Does it happen to anyone else?

Not happening to me and first I've heard that. I also don't have any idea what could causing that.

josh44#AC

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I use the assistant ALL the time and this just started happening. Contacted Google support through phone chat the other day and they had me uninstall updates on Google Play Store and Google Play Services, problem fixed. But, over the course of a day or so, those items were updated again and the issue came back. This issue has to do with the most recent update of one of those two items.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Google Play Services - 12.2.21
Google Play Store - 9.1.24

I use Google Assistant multiple times every day and I'm experiencing nothing out of the ordinary here.

josh44#AC

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
@TraderGary, not sure if it is Play Store or Play Services but did notice my Play Store update is a little higher. Also, I confirmed with my 2013 Nexus 7 I am getting same issue. I wonder if it is something in my account that is causing this.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
If you're experiencing the same issue with your Nexus 7, it obviously has nothing to do with your Pixel. Yes, it would seem the issue does have something to do with your account configuration.

josh44#AC

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Okay I finally figured this out and would like to share if anyone else comes across this issue. The main thing I saw between when Google had me roll back updates was that the new Routines in Google Assistant was not there. When the updates came back, it came back as well as my issue. When Routines comes in, it comes with a bunch of default Routines and they all have these actions. So, I disabled all actions for all Routines and my problem no longer exists.