Why are my Rogers friends not able to receive pictures via text?

mtbrown19

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
So I am a week in on my new Pixel 2XL from Telus. Super happy with my decision on the phone with just this one issue thus far. I can text pictures to other Telus customers however anyone on Rogers does not receive my pictures. Texting via SMS works but not MMS it seems. It doesn't matter what the device is, Iphone or Android, but seems to be carrier specific. The picture shows as sent as MMS on my phone but they get nothing on their end. I have tried reducing the quality/size of the image through the Camera settings (ie reducing it to 1.9mp) with no success. I am using the Google Message app for texting. Was having no issues a week ago with my Note 5 using the Samsung Messaging app. Any help on this would be appreciated as I send a lot of pictures of paperwork via text for my work and this is an issue.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Shades of 2004. We were never able to send pictures between carriers back them. (It got straightened out eventually.)

Evidently there's an incompatibility between Android Messages and Rogers. (AM is an RCS app - or, at least, the beginnings of one, so that may have something to do with it.) Try limiting your file size to 300KB and see if it goes through. Or try a different text app.

mtbrown19

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Tried reducing the picture size to 100kb and tried Textra...still no success. Will call Telus tomorrow and see if they have a solution.

Last edited:

mtbrown19

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
So update...one of my contacts on Rogers w/Iphone with whom I have been sending tests to suddenly got all the pictures I sent. Yesterday I had him delete our previous thread with no success but then this morning he got up and his data was off. When he turned it back on the pictures came through!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE