04-01-2018 02:39 PM
36 12
tools
    Anyone else have their phone lag really hard occasionally? I'm trying to figure out if it's an app causing it or if it's crappy wifi/cell signal, or even something else. This happens with facebook, google maps, and just using the phone in general. It doesn't happen all the time, just randomly. But when it happens, it lags baddddd.
    03-26-2018 07:46 AM
    Occasionally I have to reboot the phone but I install a lot of apps. Recently I had to reinstall the phone and it hasn't lagged since.
    03-26-2018 07:49 AM
    Do you remember the last app you installed before this happened?
    03-26-2018 08:42 AM
    TBH I don't see lag on this thing. It is always pretty smooth and I tax it pretty hard.

I do reboot once a week though .. so maybe that helps. I have always done that with any phone I have owned.
    03-26-2018 08:59 AM
    I installed some android p uodate apks that were unstable and they crashed my phone. My own simmy fault. But I do love my phone.
    pc747 likes this.
    03-26-2018 09:27 AM
    Do you remember the last app you installed before this happened?
    Nope, but it did similar lag when I had the Pixel XL last year. I don't have any crazy unknown apps lol. I'm wondering if it's just bad signal on either cellular or wifi.
    03-26-2018 11:47 AM
    TBH I don't see lag on this thing. It is always pretty smooth and I tax it pretty hard.

I do reboot once a week though .. so maybe that helps. I have always done that with any phone I have owned.
    Yeah I reboot pretty regularly. I'm probably going to try a hard reset and see if that helps.
    03-26-2018 11:47 AM
    I also see some lag one in a while, nothing too worrysome but I hope it won't get much worse down the line.. Love my phone
    03-26-2018 12:03 PM
    Anyone else have their phone lag really hard occasionally? I'm trying to figure out if it's an app causing it or if it's crappy wifi/cell signal, or even something else. This happens with facebook, google maps, and just using the phone in general. It doesn't happen all the time, just randomly. But when it happens, it lags baddddd.
    It is probably some app wreaking havoc in the background.

Can't say I experience lag on a regular basis.
    03-26-2018 12:23 PM
    Haven't noticed any lag on mine either.
    I usually reboot once a week , no real reason for it. I just do.
    03-26-2018 01:33 PM
    Haven't experienced any lag what so ever on this device.

I'd go for a factory reset.
    03-26-2018 01:34 PM
    Mine is lagging hard specifically in the Chrome app, it takes ages for me to switch pages some times. I thought it was the WiFi but it was happening on 4G(LTE), I've also cleared cache with no change.

It's so weird
    03-26-2018 01:52 PM
    Mine is lagging hard specifically in the Chrome app, it takes ages for me to switch pages some times. I thought it was the WiFi but it was happening on 4G(LTE), I've also cleared cache with no change.

It's so weird
    Chrome lagged on every phone I've ever owned. It was almost unusable on my v20 for whatever reason. Surprisingly, Samsung's browser is much more fluid than chrome, has ad blocking and i love that it puts the toolbar on the bottom. It's in the play store and i would highly recommend checking it out.
    03-26-2018 01:57 PM

It's so weird
    That is strange... The only time my chrome usage only lags if I have a slow network
    03-26-2018 02:02 PM
    my chrome browser will lag on certain sites, but being pretty consistent I think it's probably the site. AC being one. So many adds need to load is probably the reason for that so I generally use the app. Otherwise no lags at all, very smooth and reboot a couple times a week.
    03-26-2018 02:09 PM
    I think a little lag here and there is just part of owning an Android device. it's just the way apps interact with the operating system. As smooth as the Pixel is, no phone I've used on Android has been as lag free as iOS. It's the one thing Apple has just nailed. the only thing really...lol
    03-26-2018 02:43 PM
    I use the Android Central app and paid the pittance to have it be ad free.
    It's smooth, fast, and of course ad free.

My Comcast Internet connection is reasonably fast. Speed Test just said 10 Ping, 107 Mbps Down, 13 Mbps Up. If I go to a site that has a fast server such as Amazon or Microsoft, my Chrome browser speed is literally instantaneous. If I go to sites that have slower, less capable servers, I will get the expected server lags where the problem is, of course, the slower servers.
    03-26-2018 03:19 PM
    The only time I have seen lag is when googly is updating/backing up pictures to the googly cloud. Especially if you record 4k video. It will update in the background but slow things down
    03-26-2018 03:32 PM
    I had some issues after the Feb update that caused some lag... Guessing issues in the kernel. A reboot would clear it up for a couple of days...a factory reset didn't solve the problem. There was most certainly something they checked into that build that caused some problems... Too many complaints popped up.

The March update completely addressed my issue... Smooth operation since.
    03-26-2018 04:01 PM
    I think a little lag here and there is just part of owning an Android device. it's just the way apps interact with the operating system. As smooth as the Pixel is, no phone I've used on Android has been as lag free as iOS. It's the one thing Apple has just nailed. the only thing really...lol
    I've even seen iPhone lag.
    03-26-2018 04:03 PM
    I've even seen iPhone lag.
    No doubt
    03-26-2018 05:30 PM
    I have had lag when using iOS. Especially the latest iOS. Apple really dropped the ball on iOS 11 with bugs and other things.

My dub on "lag" versus a small "hiccup" is what I think differentiates me from some when they ask about lag. A device or even the app itself can hiccup. Lag to me is when swiping a menu and it stutters over or something OS related.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-26-2018 05:49 PM
    I get dreadful lag on my 6s!
    03-26-2018 10:33 PM
    I get dreadful lag on my 6s!
    That's to conserve battery life....lol
    03-26-2018 11:02 PM
    That's to conserve battery life....lol
    I changed my battery for a new one and it still runs out with little use in a few hours. IOS 11 is the worst OS on Apple I have ever used. Seriously bad. I use numbers for my budgeting and a few other Apple software and I love my MacBook Air. BUT the iPhone is no match for my Pixel on Oreo 8.1. It is a much better user experience all round.
    03-26-2018 11:14 PM
36 12