It cracked in my pocket is it supposed to be strong
    03-26-2018 09:08 PM
    Who supposes that?
    03-26-2018 09:34 PM
    I dropped mine four times before the screen broke . . . yeah . . .
    03-26-2018 09:54 PM
    All by itself, or did it have any outside help?
    03-26-2018 10:29 PM
    I hope you have insurance. For future reference, avoid back pockets especially with thin or glass phones. Many people damage phones by sitting on them.

Front pant pockets can be bad to if you do a lot sitting or bending.
    anon(9485947) likes this.
    03-26-2018 10:59 PM
    No case here , never sit on it as that's not a good idea with any phone that's a slab of glass on one or both sides.
    anon(9485947) likes this.
    03-27-2018 01:36 AM
    That's why I cringe whenever I see someone put a cellphone in a pocket - I know it's a damaged phone (either cracked or sat on) in the making. I've rarely put a cellphone (the Px2 is small enough) into a shirt pocket for a moment, but it usually stays on my belt in an Otterbox Defender. I'm not spending $900 for 2 halves of a phone. (And breaking it isn't covered.)
    Jghuff and mmcclure0453 like this.
    03-27-2018 01:16 PM
    I've only ever kept mine in a pocket. Find it hard to believe you could break it like that unless your trousers were very tight. It digs in too much well before it breaks
    03-27-2018 03:34 PM
    I hope you have insurance. For future reference, avoid back pockets especially with thin or glass phones. Many people damage phones by sitting on them.

Front pant pockets can be bad to if you do a lot sitting or bending.
    I never understood why people would ever put a $6-700 device in their back pocket and then sit on it.
    03-27-2018 06:04 PM
    That's why I cringe whenever I see someone put a cellphone in a pocket - I know it's a damaged phone (either cracked or sat on) in the making. I've rarely put a cellphone (the Px2 is small enough) into a shirt pocket for a moment, but it usually stays on my belt in an Otterbox Defender. I'm not spending $900 for 2 halves of a phone. (And breaking it isn't covered.)
    On the flip side of this, almost 100% of phones I've ever seen have a cracked screen were on belts with the defender case. I know one guy who broke three phone screens in a year because of this. It's not reliable if you're outside and active in say trucking or construction.
    03-27-2018 06:06 PM
    I carry in my back pocket but I also don't just plop down when I sit. I would also never sit on a hard surface with it in my pocket
    03-27-2018 10:45 PM
    My wife cracked the screen of her Nexus 5 a few years ago when it was in her front pocket, screen side out, and she leaned against one of the machines at her gym.

I carry my phones in my left front pocket but I ensure that the screen is against my leg, not facing outward.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-28-2018 06:10 PM
    My wife cracked the screen of her Nexus 5 a few years ago when it was in her front pocket, screen side out, and she leaned against one of the machines at her gym.

I carry my phones in my left front pocket but I ensure that the screen is against my leg, not facing outward.
    I carry my phone the same way you do. I know about carrying the phone screen side toward my body, since I sometimes carry an open-faced pocket watch, which goes face toward my body in the watch pocket of my Levi's.
    03-28-2018 06:15 PM
    I miss cargo pants!

Winter here so I keep it in my coat pocket. Summer temperatures I squeeze it in my front pocket or put it in my back pocket if I am walking around (not sitting). When I sit, I throw it on the table.

I use a thin flexible case. Would not caught dead slapping and ugly bulky otterbox on this phone and could not go through the public humiliation of clipping a phone to my belt. So it is what it is, get insurance and don't sit on it!
    03-28-2018 08:19 PM
    I miss cargo pants!

Winter here so I keep it in my coat pocket. Summer temperatures I squeeze it in my front pocket or put it in my back pocket if I am walking around (not sitting). When I sit, I throw it on the table.

I use a thin flexible case. Would not caught dead slapping and ugly bulky otterbox on this phone and could not go through the public humiliation of clipping a phone to my belt. So it is what it is, get insurance and don't sit on it!
    Lots of people wear a phone on belt and some are in an OtterBox, however I have never witnessed anyone disparaging either one. I was given an OtterBox with belt clip for my work phone and I decided not to use it despite it being a hassle pocketing 2 phones.
    03-28-2018 10:58 PM
    On the flip side of this, almost 100% of phones I've ever seen have a cracked screen were on belts with the defender case. I know one guy who broke three phone screens in a year because of this. It's not reliable if you're outside and active in say trucking or construction.
    Have kept almost every phone I've owned in an OtterBox Defender. Always hangs on my tool belt in the holster and have never cracked or broken a phone. Had plenty of drops but never any damage. I work construction and would not carry a phone in any other case/holster combo while at work. Actually I have briefly used 1 other combo at work - Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro with holster. Didn't use long before I went back to the OtterBox.

And as a final note - GO BLUE!!!
    Nubwy likes this.
    03-28-2018 11:15 PM
    Have kept almost every phone I've owned in an OtterBox Defender. Always hangs on my tool belt in the holster and have never cracked or broken a phone. Had plenty of drops but never any damage. I work construction and would not carry a phone in any other case/holster combo while at work. Actually I have briefly used 1 other combo at work - Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro with holster. Didn't use long before I went back to the OtterBox.

Who is Blue and where is he going?
    03-29-2018 06:39 AM
    Blue are the Michigan Wolverines and they're going to win March Madness and the Hockey Tournament!
    anon(1733) and Nubwy like this.
    03-29-2018 10:49 AM
    Blue are the Michigan Wolverines and they're going to win March Madness and the Hockey Tournament!
    I was kidding
    03-29-2018 01:52 PM

Go Blue!!

I had a buddy who drove a semi for a living. He'd always end up having his iPhone fall off the clip and it'd fall on it's face and still break in the Defender case. He must have taken your bad JuJu lol.
    mmcclure0453 likes this.
    03-29-2018 07:57 PM