Scenario

I want to turn off all notifications but I want to listen to my music. If I hit the DND no matter which setting I use Alarms are ALWAYS the priority. I don't want it to be and I have no set time as to when I listen to my music so I want to be able to just have the sound on for my spotify. I don't want to hear the text message go off while I am listening to my music nor my email nor anything else for that matter. Just pure unadulterated music. Is this possible or is this going to be a third-party app issue and if so if you can recommend one I sure would appreciate it. Thanks
    03-29-2018 01:33 PM
    I moved this from the Pixel 2 Accessories forum to the main Pixel 2 forum, since the question doesn't relate to accessories.
    03-29-2018 05:46 PM
    Sigh. No answer to this? So I guess this cannot be done. Ugg major major major negative for me.
    04-19-2018 01:22 PM
    Sigh. No answer to this? So I guess this cannot be done. Ugg major major major negative for me.
    Maybe I'm not understanding what you're saying. Because all you have to do is to put the phone on silent to not get interrupted by messages.
    04-19-2018 10:42 PM
    DND does not affect Spotify at all.

Edit: NVM didn't understand the first time.

I use a Samsung so it could be different, but under the DND settings Samsung has a 'no exception setting' where even alarms are silent. I would expect the Pixel to have something similar?
    04-19-2018 11:00 PM
    I use my Pixel 2 XL with Google Play Music every day. I listen on a Sony WH1000XM2 Bluetooth Noise Cancelling headphone. I always turn on "Do Not Disturb" as I don't want my music interrupted by noises and vibrations. If you tap the down arrow under the "Do Not Disturb" icon when it is turned ON, You get the message:

"You won't be disturbed by sounds and vibrations except from alarms. You'll still hear anything you choose to play including music, videos, and games."

It's always worked perfectly for me and does exactly what I want it to do.
    04-19-2018 11:37 PM
    I use my Pixel 2 XL with Google Play Music every day. I listen on a Sony WH1000XM2 Bluetooth Noise Cancelling headphone. I always turn on "Do Not Disturb" as I don't want my music interrupted by noises and vibrations. If you tap the down arrow under the "Do Not Disturb" icon when it is turned ON, You get the message:

"You won't be disturbed by sounds and vibrations except from alarms. You'll still hear anything you choose to play including music, videos, and games."

It's always worked perfectly for me and does exactly what I want it to do.
    I might be mistaken but I think he wants even alarms to be silent.
    04-19-2018 11:58 PM
    Wouldn't the solution then be to not turn on any alarms? I'm not bothered by any alarms simply because I don't turn any alarms on.
    04-20-2018 12:08 AM
    I may be confused as well, but like @TraderGary mention wouldn't the solution be to set DND on Alarms Only, and then not have any alarms set?

I stream music all the time on my P2 and don't have any interruptions while on DND, so I'm not sure what OP means by "I don't want to hear the text message go off while I am listening to my music nor my email nor anything else for that matter."
    04-20-2018 12:23 PM
    Yeah, it's confusing. The solution would v be to not set any alarms if you don't want to be bothered by alarms lol.
    04-21-2018 12:18 PM