Trading in your phone to Google is a total SCAM

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
The reason it takes longer than what you would expect is because it is a third party company. Basically, you dispute with Google, if Google is taking your side, they go dispute it with the third party, then once the third party accepts the dispute and agrees to pay Google, then Google can pay you. Same thing happens with Samsung, Verizon, etc.

Mike328

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
so in the process when it shows you how much they will give u it say $ dollar amount refund on your credit card but you guys are saying that amount will go to credit for the play store and not your financing account ?

Mike328

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
Google Store

So why does statements on the page say ...If the phone’s value matches the estimate: We’ll credit the value of the phone to your credit card (if you purchase a Pixel).

... Now I'm kinda glad I didn't trade in a phone to get it but I'm disappointed because I was going to when the pixel 3 come out but I would rather have the bigger model but I don't want to pay close to a thousand dollars tho so I was trying to knock the price down with the financing and credit

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
So why does statements on the page say ...If the phone’s value matches the estimate: We’ll credit the value of the phone to your credit card (if you purchase a Pixel).

... Now I'm kinda glad I didn't trade in a phone to get it but I'm disappointed because I was going to when the pixel 3 come out but I would rather have the bigger model but I don't want to pay close to a thousand dollars tho so I was trying to knock the price down with the financing and credit

I don't know what your agreement says....I was pointing out that a credit would go to the Google Store, not Play store

Mike328

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
I don't know what your agreement says....I was pointing out that a credit would go to the Google Store, not Play store

No I don't have the agreement I'm just going by what there website page say I'm trying to get a understanding my self . Because I thought if u traded in your phone that credit goes to the phone on the price but I'm reading different now ... But u just said I goes to the Google store which is would be the price if the phone right ? I'm confused in reading wrong lol

race4life

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Google Store

That is not the case. If they give you the fair value of your trade-in that amount will be credited to your method of payment. The $44 dollars they gave me for my LG G6 was credited on my Google financing but when I disputed the other amount and was given the $176, that was giving to me in a Google Store credit.
Also, I just did the same with my wife's phone and was given the full estimated amount ($198) for her phone and that amount was also taken off the amount I financed with Google. So just hope you don't have to dispute any amount because that amount will given back as a Google Store credit not a credit to your google financing or your method of payment.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
That is not the case. If they give you the fair value of your trade-in that amount will be credited to your method of payment. The $44 dollars they gave me for my LG G6 was credited on my Google financing but when I disputed the other amount and was given the $176, that was giving to me in a Google Store credit.
Also, I just did the same with my wife's phone and was given the full estimated amount ($198) for her phone and that amount was also taken off the amount I financed with Google. So just hope you don't have to dispute any amount because that amount will given back as a Google Store credit not a credit to your google financing or your method of payment.

I think something is missing in the translation....I'm just point out if a credit were given to a Google Account it would be the Google Store and not the Play Store.

race4life

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I think something is missing in the translation....I'm just point out if a credit were given to a Google Account it would be the Google Store and not the Play Store.

Gotcha, that is correct. I guess I can keep my credit for when the Pixel 3 comes out.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
They're correct that Google Store credit cannot be used to make payment on the Synchrony Bank financing account. One thing you could do is order something worth about $176 and then sell it when it arrives, just don't open the box, etc. so it's brand new in unopened box. Then use that money to lower the balance on your financing account.

Not true. The ,$410 credit I got for my phone Google subtracted it from my synchrony bank finance account.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
BTW regardless if it was disputed or not the fact that they screwed up and said you did not factory reset your phone and you had a video proving it means it's their fault that they only credit you the $44 so they need to credit you the rest. or give you bs play store credit. give me a break. the whole point of the trade in is to help justify buying the new phone in the first place.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
And this page snippet is from the link they sent as part of the email. So, fingers crossed...

View attachment 282088

I did this late December/early January and I got the refund applied to my credit card. There shouldn't be a reason to get Google Store credit instead, so I think you should be just fine. Even when they messed up the amount and later gave the rest, the rest still went back to my credit card.

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Wow that sucks. I had the exact opposite experience trading in my 6P. It did take several weeks for the whole process of them receiving and assessing it but I got the exact amount they had estimated and it went right towards the balance owed on my Pixel 2.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza