I have the option to get a pixel 2 XL 128 gb or s9 plus, 64gb for the same price. I've read that Samsung can have lag after a few months. Which would be the better pick for the long term and for the best functionalality?

Thanks in advance.
    04-03-2018 12:35 PM
    I have the option to get a pixel 2 XL 128 gb or s9 plus, 64gb for the same price. I've read that Samsung can have lag after a few months. Which would be the better pick for the long term and for the best functionalality?

Thanks in advance.
    If you're at all concerned about the quality of your front facing camera photos you would choose the pixel. The pixel blows away the S9 Plus in the camera Department. Typically devices do slow down after a few months. I've had my pixel 2 XL since October with no slow down. Typically I do a factory reset on other devices about every 2 to 3 months due to the fact that they slow down. This is not without doing daily maintenance and having only minimal apps installed.
    04-03-2018 12:37 PM
    I ran the S9 plus side by side with the pixel 2 XL for 19 days until I had to return the S9 plus before my 20 day return Window. I did so without hesitation.
    04-03-2018 12:38 PM
    While I did really like the s9 plus I switched to the Pixel 2 xl and have no regrets. I was hesitant because I had zero issues with the S9 but overall I like the pixel best. It's fast. Fluid. And camera is amazing. I find I am taking more photos now that I have this camera.
    04-03-2018 01:12 PM
    I ran the S9 plus side by side with the pixel 2 XL for 19 days until I had to return the S9 plus before my 20 day return Window. I did so without hesitation.
    What did you like better about the pixel?
    04-03-2018 01:18 PM
    Camera mainly.
    04-03-2018 01:42 PM
    For me it was the camera. Speakers sound better to me. And most importantly the flat screen. Love a flat screen. The timely updates don't hurt either. Been working pretty flawless so far.
    04-03-2018 02:01 PM
    While I did really like the s9 plus I switched to the Pixel 2 xl and have no regrets. I was hesitant because I had zero issues with the S9 but overall I like the pixel best. It's fast. Fluid. And camera is amazing. I find I am taking more photos now that I have this camera.
    Plus you get free photo storage until 2020 I believe with the pixel
    04-03-2018 02:05 PM
    Okay. How does the v30 compare to the pixel 2 XL?
    04-03-2018 04:36 PM
    Okay. How does the v30 compare to the pixel 2 XL?
    If you're talking camera no comparison....Pixel is killer....though the V30 has lots of camera features and manual controls.
    Great audio but the Pixel is no slouch.
    milehigherik likes this.
    04-03-2018 05:21 PM
    If you're talking camera no comparison....Pixel is killer....though the V30 has lots of camera features and manual controls.
    Great audio but the Pixel is no slouch.
    V30 camera is plagued by the same thing Samsung is.. Their own image processing. The S9+ can take some quality photos with the Google Camera APK installed.
    04-03-2018 06:05 PM
    Samsung in my experience has been hit or miss. I had a great S8+, but my Note 8 had areas on the screen with no oleophobic coating and the edges had terrible light leak. I've never had any issues with my Pixel.
    milehigherik likes this.
    04-03-2018 06:14 PM
    V30 camera is plagued by the same thing Samsung is.. Their own image processing. The S9+ can take some quality photos with the Google Camera APK installed.
    The Pixel 2XL is the first smart phone camera that I have taken seriously. I avoided the OG Pixel because of the iPhone look and never paid attention to the camera. As good as some other cameras were I always felt better taking along a dedicated camera. Don't get me wrong there are times that I need a dedicated camera but the Pixel definitely hangs in there as long as you don't need studio quality shots. I do wish it had some manual options.
    milehigherik and TraderGary like this.
    04-03-2018 07:08 PM
    While I have not played with the S9, I'd still lean towards the Pixel. Primary reason is updates. Not just version updates, but the security updates. While Samsung has gotten mostly better with updates, they still lag behind the Pixel (and a few other Android based phones). Until they prove otherwise, I'll probably avoid Samsung. (I have had the S7, S8+, and Note 8.) I also prefer the camera to the Samsung devices I've had, and so far prefer what I've seen in reviews, etc., compared to the S9/9+. I miss optical zoom, but not that much. It was remarkable how little I actually used it. (Also had iPhone 7 plus and 8 plus with their 2x camera.) Finally, and it's a personal preference, I prefer the Pixel's "stock like" look and feel compared to Samsung's interface. (And no duplicate apps for Contacts, Calendar, etc.)
    04-05-2018 08:23 PM