Sound with bluetooth headphones ?

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello all
I think volume when using the dongle and wired headphones is pretty terrible. Does anyone use Bluetooth headphones with the pixel 2 xl ? How do they compare / sound? What headphones did you buy ?

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Hello all
I think volume when using the dongle and wired headphones is pretty terrible. Does anyone use Bluetooth headphones with the pixel 2 xl ? How do they compare / sound? What headphones did you buy ?
I have used Sennheiser Momentum wireless headphones and Bose QC35 original wireless headphones and the sound is better than with Bose wired headphones plus dongle.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I purchased Sony WH1000XM2 wireless, noise-cancelling headphones. They take advantage of Android Oreo's built-in LDAC technology. They're a bit pricey at $349, but to me they're worth every penny.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I have the Anker sound buds slim for casual listening at work when I don't want to use the Bose QC 35s for more serious listening. Both work good, but I am not an audiophile...LOL

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I have the Anker sound buds slim for casual listening at work when I don't want to use the Bose QC 35s for more serious listening. Both work good, but I am not an audiophile...LOL
I love my QC35s. They keep my eara nice and warm when I am on my mobility scooter

I got my Sennheisers as a free testing pair from Argos. All I had to do was leave a review of them. They are really nice but the QC35s are better. I am not an audiophile either though.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello all

I don't know what music player or headphones you're using but I get plenty of volume using the Dongle. My stored music is louder than streamed music but I have no problem with either. For stored music I use mostly Poweramp and it cranks pretty loud. If you need it even louder you could try the HTC or Razer dongle. The Razer dongle seems to be the loudest.
As for wired verses Bluetooth the wired quality is better provided you are using compared buds or headphones. That's not to say Bluetooth is shabby. I use wired unless I need to go cordless.