What is wrong with the battery life on my P2 all of a sudden?

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
This past week or so it's been draining much more quickly than before. I'm now getting home from work with about 40% left, whereas before it was often 70%.

Anybody else experiencing this?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Mine has been the same.

Hard for us to judge yours without any stats. Simply saying what you have when getting home with no other usage stats makes it impossible to troubleshoot.

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Do these help?!
41d92f74b7188c4526dcda00157f80d4.jpg
afb8c67afa9c73734e65324bc661b16b.jpg
9de49531be607fa3d5dea388a93f3730.jpg

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I had that a few times. I run accubattery app that helps to keep an eye on the apps that drain. I also ran gservicefix app three times in a row, rebooting in between and my battery life ia back up to normal

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Was skeptical of the Gservice fix but after using it I'm a believer. Really straightened my battery out. Took 3 trys. Weird? yeh.

I also have an iPhone 7 and after the 11.3 udate my battery life went south fast. Decided to do a total drain to zero and a really long overnite recharge and it has been great also. While this is usually not a recommended method for remedy it worked great for me.

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
I had that a few times. I run accubattery app that helps to keep an eye on the apps that drain. I also ran gservicefix app three times in a row, rebooting in between and my battery life ia back up to normal
Thank you I'm charging it back to 100% now so I can begin the GServiceFix!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for that excellent insight. Some of us have though. This thread is for those issues, not for those with no issues.

Sorry but based on the OP's question both people experiencing the issue and those not experiencing are legimate posts that do not derail the thread.

markabele

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Sorry but based on the OP's question both people experiencing the issue and those not experiencing are legimate posts that do not derail the thread.

True...if he gave some other context that the rest of us are giving. He did, however, give more details in the other thread. He said he is never on a network with Google Home products. That seems to be the variable that is making out phones lose battery life.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
True...if he gave some other context that the rest of us are giving. He did, however, give more details in the other thread. He said he is never on a network with Google Home products. That seems to be the variable that is making out phones lose battery life.

True regardless.....and the Google Home products theory doesn't hold water. I've been using Google home alongside my phone since December with no noticable change in battery consumption whether or not I use it.

markabele

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
True regardless.....and the Google Home products theory doesn't hold water. I've been using Google home alongside my phone since December with no noticable change in battery consumption whether or not I use it.

Just because it doesn't happen for you doesn't mean it doesn't happen for other people. That is some pretty messed up logic man.

Two questions: 1. How much screen on time do you get everyday? 2. Have you read this thread/link? https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixe...you_are_experiencing_battery_drain_check_the/

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Just because it doesn't happen for you doesn't mean it doesn't happen for other people. That is some pretty messed up logic man.

Two questions: 1. How much screen on time do you get everyday? 2. Have you read this thread/link? https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixe...you_are_experiencing_battery_drain_check_the/

I didn't say it doesn't happen to other people, however before we can blame it on Google Home or Chromecast we need more information as to what else could be possibly be causing the issue. If we are going to use logic we have to look at all common denominators.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois