04-14-2018 10:53 AM
44 12
tools
    This past week or so it's been draining much more quickly than before. I'm now getting home from work with about 40% left, whereas before it was often 70%.

Anybody else experiencing this?
    04-06-2018 10:55 AM
    Mine has been the same.

Hard for us to judge yours without any stats. Simply saying what you have when getting home with no other usage stats makes it impossible to troubleshoot.
    04-06-2018 11:04 AM
    Do these help?!
    04-06-2018 11:11 AM
    I had that a few times. I run accubattery app that helps to keep an eye on the apps that drain. I also ran gservicefix app three times in a row, rebooting in between and my battery life ia back up to normal
    04-06-2018 11:17 AM
    Was skeptical of the Gservice fix but after using it I'm a believer. Really straightened my battery out. Took 3 trys. Weird? yeh.

I also have an iPhone 7 and after the 11.3 udate my battery life went south fast. Decided to do a total drain to zero and a really long overnite recharge and it has been great also. While this is usually not a recommended method for remedy it worked great for me.
    Eggmundo likes this.
    04-06-2018 11:48 AM
    I had that a few times. I run accubattery app that helps to keep an eye on the apps that drain. I also ran gservicefix app three times in a row, rebooting in between and my battery life ia back up to normal
    Thank you I'm charging it back to 100% now so I can begin the GServiceFix!
    Kirstein Gourlay likes this.
    04-06-2018 11:51 AM
    Have you had the April security update yet?
    04-06-2018 02:45 PM
    Have you had the April security update yet?
    Yep. I can't remember if it started just before or after the patch.
    04-06-2018 02:47 PM
    Are there any Chromecast's or Google Home's on your work or home wifi networks?
    04-06-2018 02:53 PM
    Are there any Chromecast's or Google Home's on your work or home wifi networks?
    Yeah a Google Home at home. Is that known to drain? Didn't happen in previous months that I've had it.
    04-06-2018 02:55 PM
    Here is a thread about my battery drain:
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/go...ml#post6214097

Ever since I've turned my wifi off I haven't had a lick of trouble.
    04-06-2018 03:05 PM
    In that thread make sure to read the reddit post.
    04-06-2018 03:05 PM
    I'm not having battery issues, but I'm about to look up what gservicefix is anyways. Link for those who are about to do the same: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ks.gservicefix
    04-07-2018 10:03 AM
    I have wifi on almost all the time and I've not had any issues with battery drain.
    04-07-2018 06:40 PM
    I have wifi on almost all the time and I've not had any issues with battery drain.
    Thank you for that excellent insight. Some of us have though. This thread is for those issues, not for those with no issues.
    Eggmundo likes this.
    04-07-2018 07:00 PM
    Thank you for that excellent insight. Some of us have though. This thread is for those issues, not for those with no issues.
    Sorry but based on the OP's question both people experiencing the issue and those not experiencing are legimate posts that do not derail the thread.
    hub1 and Hypnotoadd like this.
    04-07-2018 07:07 PM
    Sorry but based on the OP's question both people experiencing the issue and those not experiencing are legimate posts that do not derail the thread.
    True...if he gave some other context that the rest of us are giving. He did, however, give more details in the other thread. He said he is never on a network with Google Home products. That seems to be the variable that is making out phones lose battery life.
    04-07-2018 08:05 PM
    True...if he gave some other context that the rest of us are giving. He did, however, give more details in the other thread. He said he is never on a network with Google Home products. That seems to be the variable that is making out phones lose battery life.
    True regardless.....and the Google Home products theory doesn't hold water. I've been using Google home alongside my phone since December with no noticable change in battery consumption whether or not I use it.
    04-07-2018 10:58 PM
    True regardless.....and the Google Home products theory doesn't hold water. I've been using Google home alongside my phone since December with no noticable change in battery consumption whether or not I use it.
    Just because it doesn't happen for you doesn't mean it doesn't happen for other people. That is some pretty messed up logic man.

Two questions: 1. How much screen on time do you get everyday? 2. Have you read this thread/link? https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel...ain_check_the/
    04-07-2018 11:02 PM
    Just because it doesn't happen for you doesn't mean it doesn't happen for other people. That is some pretty messed up logic man.

Two questions: 1. How much screen on time do you get everyday? 2. Have you read this thread/link? https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel...ain_check_the/
    I didn't say it doesn't happen to other people, however before we can blame it on Google Home or Chromecast we need more information as to what else could be possibly be causing the issue. If we are going to use logic we have to look at all common denominators.
    04-07-2018 11:18 PM
    I didn't say it doesn't happen to other people, however before we can blame it on Google Home or Chromecast we need more information as to what else could be possibly be causing the issue. If we are going to use logic we have to look at all common denominators.
    Did you read that link?
    04-07-2018 11:20 PM
    Did you read that link?
    Yes I read it
    markabele likes this.
    04-07-2018 11:25 PM
    I'm seeing in several places that we should keep the battery charge between 40 and 80 most of the time. Seems a bit weird and limiting to me. Is this recommended even for the Pixel phones?
    04-08-2018 02:56 AM
    I'm seeing in several places that we should keep the battery charge between 40 and 80 most of the time. Seems a bit weird and limiting to me. Is this recommended even for the Pixel phones?
    I have read that too. But I am not sure. Battery life seems a lot shorter only charging to 80%. It is like my mobility scooter batteries. I mustn't let them completely drain but I need to charge them fully each time I use the scooter. I don't let my phone battery run out but I do charge it to full and so far it has remained healthy and I get lovely long battery life. So I am not sure about the 40/80 thing.
    04-08-2018 05:11 AM
    I don't follow that process but I try not to let my battery discharge below 20 percent
    Kirstein Gourlay likes this.
    04-08-2018 07:08 AM
44 12