I'm coming from an iPhone to a Pixel 2.

It seems like sometimes swiping notifications opens them to display more detail. Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't, seemingly dependent on where the whole notification scroll position lies. If there are only a few notifications and I'm scrolled to the top, I can open compound notifications. If I'm not scrolled to the top there is no way to open a notification. There also doesn't seem to be a way to close notifications without tapping the header of the notification list, which is a small target and often launches the app.

When swiping the whole notification area, if it doesn't open a notificaiton, sometimes the notifications roll up from the bottom without moving the notifications, sometimes the notifications scroll in the direction of the swipe.

All of this is super confusing and unpredictable. The more I play with it the more frustrated I am. Am I missing something?

i just want a clear way to scroll, and a clear way to view the details of a notification, (the latter of which seems better suited for the touch-hold gesture than what's there now).
    04-12-2018 12:27 AM
    There also doesn't seem to be a way to close notifications without tapping the header of the notification list, which is a small target and often launches the app.
    When you say 'close' do you mean get rid of? You can swipe the individual notifications away so that they don't show up in the Notification shade.
    04-12-2018 09:13 AM
    By "close" I meant after expanding to show the compressed notifications.

Still really struggling with this. Like, I can't expand notifications unless they are among the top few because anything lower a down drag will just scroll.

Are others not struggling with this?
    04-12-2018 06:22 PM
    There's a little expand/contract symbol after each notification title on the first line. Give tapping it a try.
    04-12-2018 08:39 PM
    You can use 2 finger swipe to get the expanded window vs 1 for only notifications etc. Is that what you're referring to? You can turn on the finger print sensor to swipe down to show notifications if using the screen is getting you something weird.
    04-15-2018 08:26 AM
    In the attached picture, beside the title of the notification (from the Greenify app) there is a little down arrow. This will signify if the app's notification is expandable. My fonts are set to very small, so it's very small in the pic as well. Anyway if you tap that title and/or the arrow, the notification will expand without the need for swiping. Very confused by vertical swipe gesture in notifications-screenshot_20180415-215908.jpg
    04-15-2018 09:01 AM