Hopefully you Android experts can give a relative newbie some answers! I've only had an Android phone since Christmas, and this is the first problem I've had....

Last night my Pixel 2 was it's usual zippy self. I was doing some research on a project, and everything was working fine. This morning when I got up and shut off the alarm on the phone, I noticed that it was working very slowly. I would have to hit an app icon several times before it would open. I would have to swipe up several times to get to the second page. Screens loaded very slowly, and closed slowly ... it just seemed that everything was working in slow motion. I turned the phone off and on several times, to no avail. I had downloaded an app last night, so I uninstalled it, then turned the phone off and on several more times. No change.

I must admit that I have no idea where to even look for answers to my problem. Any ideas?
    04-18-2018 11:15 PM
    You can determine if the problem is anything other than the operating system itself by starting your phone in Safe Mode.
    1. Press and Hold the ON button.
    2. When you see the menu, press and hold "Restart".
    3. You will then see a dialog box that tells you about Safe Mode.
    4. Press "OK" to start in Safe Mode.
    04-18-2018 11:49 PM
    Okay, I did that. I'm now in Safe Mode ... I don't notice any difference ... everything is still in slow motion.

(P.S. How do I get out of Safe Mode?)
    04-19-2018 12:21 AM
    Okay, I did that. I'm now in Safe Mode ... I don't notice any difference ... everything is still in slow motion.

04-19-2018 12:48 AM

Just reboot
    04-19-2018 12:56 AM
    This morning I remembered that I had followed an article's advice to change some settings in the developers mode (I don't remember why now), so I did it. No obvious change was made at the time (Tuesday AM), and I forgot about it. This morning I remembered making the change, so I went back and reversed the settings, rebooted, and my phone is BACK!! WOO-HOO!! Boy do I hate that slow motion of the past 24 hours ... and love the normal fast response of the Pixel 2! Thank you for your help!
    04-19-2018 09:41 AM
    This morning I remembered that I had followed an article's advice to change some settings in the developers mode (I don't remember why now), so I did it. No obvious change was made at the time (Tuesday AM), and I forgot about it. This morning I remembered making the change, so I went back and reversed the settings, rebooted, and my phone is BACK!! WOO-HOO!! Boy do I hate that slow motion of the past 24 hours ... and love the normal fast response of the Pixel 2! Thank you for your help!
    It might help if you post those settings changes in case someone else has the same issue.
    Wiley_11 likes this.
    04-19-2018 11:18 AM
    animation scale times changed? I did that to my friend to great hilarity.
    04-19-2018 05:43 PM
    Sounds like you changed the animations the wrong way lol.

Every phone I've had before I've always turned down the animations in developer settings to .5 but after putting Nova on my Pixel 2 its felt ok. The animations seem a little slow to me but Nova made it better so I haven't turned them down on my Pixel 2.
    04-20-2018 10:01 AM