Lock Screen - Pocket Activated

65fastback

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Never had this issue with my pixel but my pixel 2 loves to press buttons from the lock screen notifications when they pop up while the phone is in my pocket.

Anyone else had this issue and have a resolution?

Sometimes I'll pull my phone out and it'll be 20 screen taps deep into an app and has dialed people before too. Or worse, it'll enter 40 characters into my email app password field and near lock me out of my email account. It's super annoying but I haven't been able to resolve it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you have either the Double-Tap to Wake or Pick Up to Wake options turned on? Those can easily lead to the screen coming on, and if the screen hasn't fully locked (i.e., requiring your fingerprint or password again), then it's relatively easy for the lockscreen to swipe up and then touches to start registering.

Mathrania

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site
Do you have something, like a smartwatch as a trusted device? That would unlock your device easily, esp if you are pockets are thin cloth, that sees your body touch as a swipe to unlock phone.

randyjaco

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I hope you find a solution. I have the same problem. I keep my phone in my shirt pocket. From time to time, even though I manually turn the screen off, it will come on and I will have a dozen apps on.
Good luck,

Randy

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
How loose are your pant pockets? And, do you put the phone in facing out, or facing your body?

Here's the deal - so long as the proximity sensor (the one that blanks the screen when you hold the phone to your ear, for example) is triggered, the screen will be deactivated. This is always the case when I am wearing somewhat snug jeans.

But, in very loose "business attire" slacks, it's a 50-50 split as to whether it works or not.

65fastback

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Do you have either the Double-Tap to Wake or Pick Up to Wake options turned on? Those can easily lead to the screen coming on, and if the screen hasn't fully locked (i.e., requiring your fingerprint or password again), then it's relatively easy for the lockscreen to swipe up and then touches to start registering.

Tried turning off pick up to wake and it didnt solve it.

65fastback

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Do you have something, like a smartwatch as a trusted device? That would unlock your device easily, esp if you are pockets are thin cloth, that sees your body touch as a swipe to unlock phone.

I do and never even considered that as an issue since I forgot about enabling that. I'll try disabling it.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Never had this issue with my pixel but my pixel 2 loves to press buttons from the lock screen notifications when they pop up while the phone is in my pocket.

Anyone else had this issue and have a resolution?

This just started happening to me when the weather turned warmer and I started wearing shorts. Super annoying! There can't be a connection, can there? One instance it had taken a screen shot of an open app and then set that screenshot to be my new wallpaper! How in the heck?!

Sometimes I'll pull my phone out and it'll be 20 screen taps deep into an app and has dialed people before too. Or worse, it'll enter 40 characters into my email app password field and near lock me out of my email account. It's super annoying but I haven't been able to resolve it.

I started making sure I do a soft power down before I put the phone in my pocket. I never had to worry about this with my Droid Turbo because when it sensed darkness it set the phone to lock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke