I have a Pixel 2 XL, and since this morning my games and apps in general pause by themselves.
    My phone is updated officially to 8.1 and with the last update from April with every app downloaded from Play Store.
    Thanks
    05-04-2018 09:36 AM
    With some phones, that could be due to too many apps running at once, but the O 2XL has enough RAM that it shouldn't happen.

But if you use the home button when you're finished with an app or game, get used to using the Back button instead. Home leaves the app running, and that takes some processing power. Back marks the space the app is in "unused", so Android doesn't have to keep checking it. (And if an app decides to do something slow and complicated in the background, it'll slow the whole phone down - killing it, by using the Back button, prevent that. It's no longer running. [That has nothing to do with it still being installed. It's still in storage, just not in RAM, where apps run.])
    05-04-2018 12:35 PM
    I have a Pixel 2 XL, and since this morning my games and apps in general pause by themselves.
    An example of a few of these apps and games would go a long way toward helping us to decide if it's the apps or something going on with your phone.
    If any of the stock apps (Gmail, Messages, etc) are behaving this way you could try rebooting into Safe mode and see if the problem persists. If it doesn't then you probably have some 3rd party applications causing your issue.
    05-05-2018 03:17 AM