06-06-2018 01:43 PM
506 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    I usually use the FPS to wake up my phone(s) .Seem to be pretty responsive so far, on either of my phones.

What do you mean by quite a delay ? A few seconds ?
    I would say a good second. I have an S8 for a work phone and its instant. I have a shared a video below. I also notice the same thing using the FPS

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1g-...dFWS9XNAbmDqe-
    05-10-2018 08:04 AM
    Anybody else wake up to an "ambient services keeps stopping" toast this morning? It was already loaded up when I woke the phone after 7 hours of idle. Sent feedback & rebooted.

Also, I hope G's going to give us manual controls for the status bar eventually if they can't teach the Pixels that they don't have notches. I hate seeing that dopey ellipsis. And not only because it's not a full ellipsis.

PS. Should we be posting our experiences to the Android P forum? Seems like that one's gone dead since the beta's release.
    05-10-2018 08:26 AM
    Anybody else wake up to an "ambient services stopped working" toast this morning? It was already loaded up when I woke the phone after 7 hours of idle. Sent feedback & rebooted.

Also, I hope G's going to give us manual controls for the status bar eventually if they can't teach the Pixels that they don't have notches. I hate seeing that dopey ellipsis. And not only because it's not a full ellipsis.

PS. Should we be posting our experiences to the Android P forum? Seems like that one's gone dead since the beta's release.
    Maybe we should but this is a lively discussion
    05-10-2018 09:15 AM
    Anybody else wake up to an "ambient services stopped working" toast this morning? It was already loaded up when I woke the phone after 7 hours of idle. Sent feedback & rebooted.

I think it should stay here because we are discussing it in relation to Pixel
    05-10-2018 09:34 AM
    I think it should stay here because we are discussing it in relation to Pixel
    Yeah me too. And I am so glad I listened to you guys. I am loving P. It just seems so much faster as well. Apps open quicker and are more responsive.
    markabele likes this.
    05-10-2018 09:36 AM
    After using the beta for a full 24hrs, I'm really enjoying the fluidity of the new gestures. Like my iPhone X I got used to the gestures pretty quickly and really love the way Google did it. The only issues I've run across is the Facebook app can randomly crash and my Blackberry UEM and Blackbery Work apps can no longer be activated but that's not a deal breaker as Blackberry will eventually update them to be compatible. I resort to my secondary devices for work purposes and for now I can definitely use this beta as a daily driver.
    05-10-2018 10:38 AM
    Anyone else notice a really slow wakeup when clicking the power button or using the finger print.

I notice quite a delay from screen off to on.
    Yup, definitely takes about 1-1.5 seconds for the screen to turn on for me
    05-10-2018 10:39 AM
    I have the same issue. Outlook crashes on start. Any pointers on what I can try?
    05-10-2018 11:20 AM
    Thanks. While that may all be true, when I'm working I only want the three or four apps that I use most often to be in memory so that I can easily switch between them. In order to do that I normally 'Clear all', then open the apps I need and then it's a piece of cake to switch between them. Now I have to manually clear every app I've had open in the last day or so and then do that - what a hassle.
    Typical price of progress... let's make things more difficult for people that know what they're doing.
    I know what I am doing and what you said you do there sounds like more of a pain to me lol :P. I simply use apps and close all but 2 after I am done. Even quicker now with a swipe up and swipe close the apps I don't want open all the time. Closing all and having to go re-open the others sounds more time consuming.
    05-10-2018 11:25 AM
    While it does make sense .. TBH .. most people will come here versus that area. It is fine to be here.
    05-10-2018 11:26 AM
    i didn't have any issues with battery life in O but battery does seem like it's even better now.
    anon(10092459) likes this.
    05-10-2018 11:44 AM
    Well, I went downloaded it last night and have been playing with it alot today. And let me say, the fluidity and speediness is incredible....us I can believe how stable it is. None of my apps have crashed as of yet. Have a few visiual things that need fixing(overlapping on certain apps and locations of a few things in certain apps) but other then that. VERY IMPRESSED! LOVE THE GESTURES. LOVE THE COMBINATION of geatures and normal android!

Hope this is a sign if things to come. Loved my P2XL before....it just went to a whole different level on how I navigate and do everday things on my phone.
    Almeuit and anon(10092459) like this.
    05-10-2018 11:52 AM
    Well, I went downloaded it last night and have been playing with it alot today. And let me say, the fluidity and speediness is incredible....us I can believe how stable it is. None of my apps have crashed as of yet. Have a few visiual things that need fixing(overlapping on certain apps and locations of a few things in certain apps) but other then that. VERY IMPRESSED! LOVE THE GESTURES. LOVE THE COMBINATION of geatures and normal android!

Hope this is a sign if things to come. Loved my P2XL before....it just went to a whole different level on how I navigate and do everday things on my phone.
    Enjoy . I am getting very used to the gestures and able to fly around when using the phone.
    05-10-2018 11:57 AM
    It's pretty darn fun. I feel like it's even faster.

Screen shot by holding down the power button is cool.

Screen shot editing is cool.

Really looking forward to the new auto brightness and the battery saving stuff.
    05-10-2018 12:03 PM
    I have been using split screen and it is much better accessing it from the app I need. Using wish app and aftership to monitor my purchases and to mark off the ones I have had delivered.
    05-10-2018 12:10 PM
    I have the same issue. Outlook crashes on start. Any pointers on what I can try?
    Are you using a Microsoft device management application like intune? If so then that would be the reason your outlook is not working. Mine was working fine until I enrolled for my work email.
    05-10-2018 12:14 PM
    Any1 noticed that when activating Bluetooth the icon won't appear in the status bar?

And,

When playing a song on Google play, the cover of the song remaining the lockscreen wallpaper forever 😂
    05-10-2018 12:38 PM
    Any1 noticed that when activating Bluetooth the icon won't appear in the status bar?

And,

When playing a song on Google play, the cover of the song remaining the lockscreen wallpaper forever ������
    Yeah Bluetooth doesn't show the icon unless connected to an active BT device. I believe this is intended.
    05-10-2018 12:50 PM
    No but a friend of mine mentioned that too. I think it was solved with a reboot.
    Waking the phone up with fingerprint scanner is definitely noticibly slower on P then it was on Oreo. Other methods seem the same, facial recognition and pattern or code lock. When is screen is off and you use the fingerprint to wake up there is definitely a delay though compared to before.
    05-10-2018 12:51 PM
    Oh Yes. I do have intune. I am not sure the app will work without intune. Will try. Thanks for the pointer.
    05-10-2018 01:14 PM

And,

When playing a song on Google play, the cover of the song remaining the lockscreen wallpaper forever
    True about the bluetooth icon
    05-10-2018 01:27 PM
    Anyone having the slow wake issue I have reported it to google. Please go Star the tracker so we can gain support

https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/79523836
    05-10-2018 01:30 PM
    I can connect to Bluetooth in my car for calls and texts, but I have to toggle the Media Audio option on the phones car connection settings from on, to off, then back to on to get it to play audio.

That's what Beta's are for and have submitted it to Google, but at least there's a viable workaround.
    05-10-2018 02:21 PM
    I can connect to Bluetooth in my car for calls and texts, but I have to toggle the Media Audio option on the phones car connection settings from on, to off, then back to on to get it to play audio.

That's what Beta's are for and have submitted it to Google, but at least there's a viable workaround.
    Hm I will have to see if I do bluetooth only what would happen. I use AA in the car and so far all functions are okay.
    05-10-2018 02:25 PM
    05-10-2018 03:43 PM
506 ... 89101112 ...