06-06-2018 01:43 PM
506 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    I can connect to Bluetooth in my car for calls and texts, but I have to toggle the Media Audio option on the phones car connection settings from on, to off, then back to on to get it to play audio.

That's what Beta's are for and have submitted it to Google, but at least there's a viable workaround.
    Try changing your Bluetooth AVRCP settings in developer. Setting mine back to 1.6 fixed my audio problem with Ford Sync.
    05-10-2018 04:00 PM
    Hm I will have to see if I do bluetooth only what would happen. I use AA in the car and so far all functions are okay.
    I can't get Android Auto to work at all. Did you have any problems?
    05-10-2018 04:06 PM
    I can't get Android Auto to work at all. Did you have any problems?
    No problems so far. I just plug it in and it launches like it did back when I was on Android O.
    weepatc likes this.
    05-10-2018 04:09 PM
    Facebook seems a little buggy with the beta. for example it won't open from using the quick swipe up gesture and selecting it out of the carousel. it also won't open with the quick swipe to the right on the home button if it's one of the last two apps you had open.
    05-10-2018 04:14 PM
    Anybody else wake up to an "ambient services keeps stopping" toast this morning?
    I had that problem several times last night when I was driving. I'm not sure if it was the 'Now Playing' feature running in the background that was causing it since I did have music playing on the car radio. In any case, it crashed three or four times in the space of a couple of hours and then I haven't seen it since (but I also haven't had music playing in the background either).
    05-10-2018 06:48 PM
    Can't delete text threads from the Textra app is the only bug I've noticed so far. Trying to crashes the app. Dev probably needs to update it.
    05-10-2018 06:49 PM
    Sending a reply in pulse straight from the notification shade will not dismiss the notification. Not sure if that is a bug or not
    05-10-2018 06:51 PM
    It's not supposed to anymore
    Sending a reply in pulse straight from the notification shade will not dismiss the notification. Not sure if that is a bug or not
    05-10-2018 07:58 PM
    It's not supposed to anymore
    Why is that? Be better off if that was an option at least
    05-10-2018 08:12 PM
    It's part of the new reply functionality. Basically you can reply from the notification and continue the conversation in the notification.
    Why is that? Be better off if that was an option at least
    I rather like it but I could see it being weird when new. You can still swipe the cards away though
    05-10-2018 08:16 PM
    Same happens with Android messages. But I don't mind
    05-10-2018 08:30 PM
    On another note GSam battery monitor no longer works.
    05-10-2018 08:42 PM
    For those having issues with things like the FP sensor, a factory reset fixed a ton of stuff for me. Mine opens just fine, as fast as I tap it.

I have one banking app that just won't work, but it's a local bank and the app has always kind of sucked anyway so I'm not surprised. I have noticed that I can't always get to the app switcher when using an app, seems to happen when in Android Messages a lot. The button lights up but nothing happens. It could be me not doing it right though.

There's a few things I still don't get. Why I can't swipe down anywhere on the home screen to see notifications is beyond me. It's literally the biggest reason I use Nova launcher.

I also hate trying to adjust notification settings and this wasn't just in P, it was in O as well. Have to go through multiple levels to change notifications settings of an app is just asinine, it should be in one place. I don't care if it's at the system or the app level but for crying out loud it used to be fairly intuitive and now it's just not.

I think, that my touch issues are fixed. Before the may/P beta zooming in the camera, or map or playing a game that used both thumbs was a struggle, that seems better and the phone is much more responsive. I have squeeze turned off and it's fine whereas before I had to have it on just to get the phone to respond to touch correctly most of the time.

My battery life isn't significantly better, still lost 10% overnight and can't get through the day. I don't love the gestures, but I don't hate them, and I'm still on the fence about the recent apps switcher that is very iOS like but if you are worried about using the P beta as a daily driver, don't be, it works great and if you are having issues, do a factory reset, it's worth it.
    05-10-2018 09:10 PM
    There's a few things I still don't get. Why I can't swipe down anywhere on the home screen to see notifications is beyond me. It's literally the biggest reason I use Nova launcher.
    I'm not running the beta yet, just reading the thread to get a feel for how it's working out so far, but this is something I completely agree with, too. Given the tall aspect ratio of these phones, and the fact Google is now all about gestures, it baffles me why they refuse to implement a simple, convenient feature that has been in other launchers for years.
    05-10-2018 09:52 PM
    On another note GSam battery monitor no longer works.
    I reported that to the developer, with logs and screenshots.
    Kizzy Catwoman likes this.
    05-10-2018 09:53 PM
    This is pretty cool.Android P Public Beta -- Live!-screenshot_20180510-204226.jpeg
    05-10-2018 10:44 PM
    Google Play music is not displaying album art, and as someone mentioned about, it seems to mess with your lockscreen wallpaper.
    05-10-2018 11:00 PM
    Oh I haven't tried GPM yet. I'll have to see.
    Google Play music is not displaying album art, and as someone mentioned about, it seems to mess with your lockscreen wallpaper.
    05-10-2018 11:02 PM
    All album art or just some?
    05-10-2018 11:05 PM
    My Google feed's not showing up in Pixel launcher now. All I get is a grey transparency page (below). I could've sworn it worked the other day. Settings seem to be OK far as I can tell.

Android P Public Beta -- Live!-screenshot_20180511-000007.jpg
    05-10-2018 11:06 PM
    Oh I haven't tried GPM yet. I'll have to see.
    I should mention, all of my music on my phone are FLAC files and all of them have the album cover art imbedded. For some reason none of the album art is displayed and the default music note logo is visible as the lockscreen wallpaper while music is playing. This wallpaper doesn't seem to go away after you close play music though, i had to restart the phone to get it to swap back to the actual wallpaper im using.
    05-10-2018 11:07 PM
    My Google feed's not showing up in Pixel launcher now. All I get is a grey transparency page (below). I could've sworn it worked the other day. Settings seem to be OK far as I can tell.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180511-000007.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	284027
    Just checked....it's there
    05-10-2018 11:09 PM
    Just checked....it's there
    Thanks. Good to know that I wasn't imagining seeing it the other day. I got a pop-up to re-set the feed after beating on the Upcoming and More icons awhile, and all is well again.
    05-10-2018 11:19 PM
    Seems to work fine for me with music that I've purchased in Google Play Music: shows the correct album art while in the GPM app; shows the same album art in the Notification shade; shows the same album art as a background on the Lock screen (this last part may be different than previous behavior on Oreo).
    05-11-2018 01:29 AM
    I think I've got issues with Bluetooth volume control. It does get loud enough when using my Jaybird runs, I have the volume control cranked all the way up and it is just so quiet.

Anyone else have this issue?
    05-11-2018 06:31 AM
506 ... 910111213 ...