06-06-2018 02:43 PM
506 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Are you using the pill shaped home button for gestures?
    How does this work? I'm not getting anything by swiping right.
    05-09-2018 08:49 AM
    Still not getting the weather widget showing on the home screen. It's been this way for a few months since I first got the P2. Have tried everything but no permanent fix.
    Android Auto doesn't appear to be working since updating to DP2. Have tried uninstalling but still no joy. Otherwise, enjoying the update to P.
    05-09-2018 08:53 AM
    Ok this has been the biggest issue I have with my Pixel 2. So just to confirm its fixed in the P Beta?
    And in the may security patch on 8.1 stable, yes.
    05-09-2018 08:56 AM
    Looking good so far, have to agree gesture navigation is little finicky. Some times opens up app drawer sometimes the card view. Got to pull it up from the bottom horizontal bar to get the card view. I'll see if it's more of getting used to, I'm used to it in iPhone X and got to see how well I adjust here. Overall I do prefer gesture navigation if it's implemented correctly.
    05-09-2018 09:20 AM
    I will try removing one drive. my BlackBerry Hub is also acting up. I can open it and read an email. but as soon as I try to delete or go back and read another email the app crashes.
    05-09-2018 09:38 AM
    I noticed Netflix and DirecTV Now app crash. Not a big deal as I don't watch much on my phone.
    05-09-2018 09:50 AM
    Ok this has been the biggest issue I have with my Pixel 2. So just to confirm its fixed in the P Beta?
    I don't know but I thought the May update mentioned addressing touch issues
    Itsa_Me_Mario likes this.
    05-09-2018 09:52 AM
    I don't know but I thought the May update mentioned addressing touch issues
    Yeah I still haven't gotten the may update and I haven't had time to try side loading.
    05-09-2018 09:53 AM
    Yeah I still haven't gotten the may update and I haven't had time to try side loading.
    Go for the Beta
    05-09-2018 09:54 AM
    Go for the Beta
    Yeah I think I'm going to, you can opt out and go back pretty easy right?
    05-09-2018 09:58 AM
    If you toggle DND, it should bring up a splash screen with options for hiding visual notifications. If not, go to settings > sound > DND and look at "block visible disturbance".
    Ah cracked it. There is now a silent option. I was using DND because that option didn't exist previously - or at least I could never find it. But also found I had some other things switched off. Thanks :-)
    05-09-2018 10:17 AM
    Yes optional, for now. Expect buttons to die in R.
    Where did you hear that? Curious...do you have a source?
    05-09-2018 10:21 AM
    Where did you hear that? Curious...do you have a source?
    That should have said "I expect..." And should not imply that you should expect it. My fault for being unclear. Sorry about that!
    jamezr likes this.
    05-09-2018 10:26 AM
    That should have said "I expect..." And should not imply that you should expect it. My fault for being unclear. Sorry about that!
    ahhh thank you. I thought maybe you read it somewhere. I just wanted to read it too :-)
    05-09-2018 10:39 AM
    I really want to like but I'm so nit picky and the app icons looks so big lol I'm use to my Nova where the app icons where i set them way smaller
    05-09-2018 11:01 AM
    Yeah I think I'm going to, you can opt out and go back pretty easy right?
    Opting out involves a factory reset
    jamezr likes this.
    05-09-2018 11:07 AM
    I really want to like but I'm so nit picky and the app icons looks so big lol I'm use to my Nova where the app icons where i set them way smaller
    Have you used the display scaling options? Settings > Display > advanced > display size

It's basically adjusting the DPI so the smallest setting changes the size of icons and other UI elements.

Here's an example of the home screen with it on the smallest setting:

Android P Public Beta -- Live!-sizesmall.png

And one more with it on "default":

Android P Public Beta -- Live!-sizedefault.png
    Kizzy Catwoman likes this.
    05-09-2018 11:30 AM
    so everything is working for me. Other than with the nova launcher app drawer not fully showing on screen. But until that updates will revert back to pixel launcher. I am really loving this new update pretty stable. New features are cool and make using the phone new and fresh.
    05-09-2018 11:33 AM
    I'm really enjoying the way they've formatted alerts on the lock screen. The tiny numerals for the time in contrast to the in yer face font size of the alert text makes good practical sense t'me.

so everything is working for me. Other than with the nova launcher app drawer not fully showing on screen.
    Don't like the look of the horizontal card option for the Nova app drawer? It strikes me as kinda consistent with the new recent apps navigation. But I'll wager Nova will have the vertical option patched within the month.
    bcbbanga4l likes this.
    05-09-2018 11:48 AM
    I'll try that thanks.
    05-09-2018 11:53 AM
    I tend to leave Bluetooth on, even when it's not connected to any BT devices.

I am receiving periodic "Cannot connect to [INSERT DEVICE ADDRESS]" warnings pooping up on the bottom of the screen, though it doesn't seem to be having any impact on battery. Will continue to monitor.
    05-09-2018 11:55 AM
    Battery optimization is supposed to be improved. Would be curious as to how noticable that is maybe after a couple days of use. Being out of town ATM I won't be trying this beta till I get back.anyway.
    05-09-2018 12:00 PM
    Anyone know how to access Digital Wellbeing? I can’t see it :/
    05-09-2018 12:02 PM
    I'm really enjoying the way they've formatted alerts on the lock screen. The tiny numerals for the time in contrast to the in yer face font size of the alert text makes good practical sense t'me.

Don't like the look of the horizontal card option for the Nova app drawer? It strikes me as kinda consistent with the new recent apps navigation. But I'll wager Nova will have the vertical option patched within the month.
    thanks. so the vertical option worked out ok.

only issue I'm having with Nova is that when I hit the new home button pill a second time, it doesn't go to all apps
    bcbbanga4l likes this.
    05-09-2018 12:17 PM
    don't know if any noticed but YouTube videos no longer does picture in picture
    05-09-2018 01:12 PM
506 ... 45678 ...