Android P Public Beta -- Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktsui87

May 9, 2018
Visit site
Are you talking about homemade videos/videos shot on the phone or any videos? I just checked a couple episodes of BBC shows that I still have saved on my phone, and they looked fine. No weird brightness.

Videos taken from my camera that are stored in the Photos app. I've attached screenshots of what I've encountered. One photo shows the normal color and once I press play, the brightness/color changes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180509-205124.jpg
    Screenshot_20180509-205124.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_20180509-205137.jpg
    Screenshot_20180509-205137.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 45

Joltcola1234

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Just about 2 hrs, im at 78% now though. I've been generally getting around 6.5 hrs on most charge cycles before swapping to beta. Looking forward to seeing if the adaptive battery settings on P work well.

nomi1978

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Based on what I have read in other forums Outlook app works fine as long as you are not on a microsoft MDM solution. I did a factory reset and Outlook app worked fine until I installed intune.

BlackBerry hub still crashes when you read an email and go to next one.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Videos taken from my camera that are stored in the Photos app. I've attached screenshots of what I've encountered. One photo shows the normal color and once I press play, the brightness/color changes.
Yeah, I'm seeing the same thing with videos. They look fine at first, then a second or two later they get this weird bright, cloudy overlay.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Here is an example... First is a video when seen in Photos, then in the camera app.
7c6affecca2110dcfb031fbbb9563a4f.jpg

78881995ae5abd6f4a39a4a98c555521.jpg

Now, in Photos, it starts out like normal then snaps to that.. like it decided to crank the contrast way too far.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I'm seeing the same thing with videos. They look fine at first, then a second or two later they get this weird bright, cloudy overlay.

I ran almost every video on my phone including one that is two minutes long and I am not experiencing the problem.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
It took me a few tries to opt in, finally worked and I got the update almost immediately.
It does up as able to opt in, but then says cannot add me at this time, try again later. Been trying since last night. Have pixel2 xl on Verizon

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
This only happens in videos that are still in local storage. Videos that are only on Photos look fine. I just cleared my backed up stuff and all those videos I took today now look fine.

ktsui87

May 9, 2018
Visit site

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Is it just me or we can't choose a location mode anymore? like battery saving option, high precision or oy gps.
It's not just you. I noticed the same thing. I always toggled mine to battery saving when not using GPS. Apparently now it's either on or off. Not sure how I feel about that.

Only other issue I've had aside from getting used to it is after the upgrade I wasn't getting any notifications from any apps. My budget in Google sheets was all messed up. Rebooting didn't help so I did a factory reset and that seems to have made a world of difference. I suggest if you didn't and are having lots of issues you try a factory reset.

Not sure how I feel about the iOS style recent app switcher but there isn't much I can do about it. I do like flicking the button to switch apps quickly. I think I'd be ok with it if it had a clear all button somewhere (I'm not missing it am I?). Performance seems good, I'll let you know on battery life tomorrow.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
This only happens in videos that are still in local storage. Videos that are only on Photos look fine. I just cleared my backed up stuff and all those videos I took today now look fine.

At first I had only tried videos I already had. Shot news ones and played them both from the camera and Google photos and I still can't replicate what you're talking about and it doesn't seem to matter if the video is stored on the phone or on Google photos.
Very strange ......

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
Sorry I missed this the first time
I'll try again - what's the reason that there's no 'Clear all' control in the Recents view?
The clear all is counterproductive to the resource management system that Android places at the center of its battery conservation and software regency strategies. Android is meant to handle these background take dynamically and is actually very efficient at doing so, however force closing all apps is generally a side effect of the user misunderstanding the way resource management works in Android, rather than what people like me experience, which is the desire to keep things clean and concise from my perspective, even though I'm aware that my perspective is less efficient than what the system can do itself. That is the opposite of windows, which is one of the worlds biggest failures at resource management and which micromanaging active task resourcing is sometimes advisable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay