Android P Public Beta -- Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
For those having issues with things like the FP sensor, a factory reset fixed a ton of stuff for me. Mine opens just fine, as fast as I tap it.

I have one banking app that just won't work, but it's a local bank and the app has always kind of sucked anyway so I'm not surprised. I have noticed that I can't always get to the app switcher when using an app, seems to happen when in Android Messages a lot. The button lights up but nothing happens. It could be me not doing it right though.

There's a few things I still don't get. Why I can't swipe down anywhere on the home screen to see notifications is beyond me. It's literally the biggest reason I use Nova launcher.

I also hate trying to adjust notification settings and this wasn't just in P, it was in O as well. Have to go through multiple levels to change notifications settings of an app is just asinine, it should be in one place. I don't care if it's at the system or the app level but for crying out loud it used to be fairly intuitive and now it's just not.

I think, that my touch issues are fixed. Before the may/P beta zooming in the camera, or map or playing a game that used both thumbs was a struggle, that seems better and the phone is much more responsive. I have squeeze turned off and it's fine whereas before I had to have it on just to get the phone to respond to touch correctly most of the time.

My battery life isn't significantly better, still lost 10% overnight and can't get through the day. I don't love the gestures, but I don't hate them, and I'm still on the fence about the recent apps switcher that is very iOS like but if you are worried about using the P beta as a daily driver, don't be, it works great and if you are having issues, do a factory reset, it's worth it.

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
There's a few things I still don't get. Why I can't swipe down anywhere on the home screen to see notifications is beyond me. It's literally the biggest reason I use Nova launcher.

I'm not running the beta yet, just reading the thread to get a feel for how it's working out so far, but this is something I completely agree with, too. Given the tall aspect ratio of these phones, and the fact Google is now all about gestures, it baffles me why they refuse to implement a simple, convenient feature that has been in other launchers for years.

Nauga

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
My Google feed's not showing up in Pixel launcher now. All I get is a grey transparency page (below). I could've sworn it worked the other day. Settings seem to be OK far as I can tell.

Screenshot_20180511-000007.jpg

Joltcola1234

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Oh I haven't tried GPM yet. I'll have to see.

I should mention, all of my music on my phone are FLAC files and all of them have the album cover art imbedded. For some reason none of the album art is displayed and the default music note logo is visible as the lockscreen wallpaper while music is playing. This wallpaper doesn't seem to go away after you close play music though, i had to restart the phone to get it to swap back to the actual wallpaper im using.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Google Play music is not displaying album art, and as someone mentioned about, it seems to mess with your lockscreen wallpaper.
Seems to work fine for me with music that I've purchased in Google Play Music: shows the correct album art while in the GPM app; shows the same album art in the Notification shade; shows the same album art as a background on the Lock screen (this last part may be different than previous behavior on Oreo).

liscon17

Jan 5, 2017
Visit site
I think I've got issues with Bluetooth volume control. It does get loud enough when using my Jaybird runs, I have the volume control cranked all the way up and it is just so quiet.

Anyone else have this issue?

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
Thanks. While that may all be true, when I'm working I only want the three or four apps that I use most often to be in memory so that I can easily switch between them. In order to do that I normally 'Clear all', then open the apps I need and then it's a piece of cake to switch between them. Now I have to manually clear every app I've had open in the last day or so and then do that - what a hassle.
Typical price of progress... let's make things more difficult for people that know what they're doing.
https://9to5google.com/2018/05/10/android-p-beta-clear-all-return/

mschmiechen

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
I am going back to Oreo. although I like P very much, this beta cannot be used as a dialy driver. the crucial BlackBerry Hub Suit does not work at all and I have also massive problems with Chromecast

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Day 3 .. so far so good. Only bug for me is the Textra thread delete bug but other then that it seems to be working just fine :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey