Today calender widget keepa saying Loading instead of the day.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi there, on pixel 2xl I can't make my today calender widget to display the dates of the events. It just says "loading". I tried force quiting all calender apps but it didn't work for me. Any ideas what I should try?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Are you referring to either of these two (stock) calendar widgets?
7f8cf04abade112d0a0a9bac6afe9261.jpg

I tried the smaller one and it seems to work fine. I'm currently running the Android P Beta though.

Joltcola1234

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
yeah, sadly if something hasn't received any updates in that amount of time...it's likely been adandoned. it would probably be best to look for a new calendar app.

Alexandru Radu

May 12, 2018
Visit site
Thank you, I never thought to check when the last update was made. Any recommendations for a calender? I would like it to have a very simple, transparent widget. Google calendar is nice, could I make the widget's white background transparent?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Joltcola1234

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I like Google calendar because of how will it integrates with my other Google apps. I don't use the widget at all though. My wife really likes Digi Cal, though I haven't tried it. Calendar Widget: Month is also nice (used to use it), though it hasn't recieved any updates in a few months.