05-31-2018 08:19 PM
108 1234 ...
tools
    I'm not sure if I qualify to answer, as I cancelled my Pixel 2 XL preorder and bought an LG V30 instead! lol HOWEVER I most likely will buy the OP6! I've owned just about every other one, except the X and the 5T.
    05-14-2018 08:58 AM
    Definitely not tempted. Why downgrade from the what is arguably the best device on the market? Especially so close to when the Note 9, iPhone whatevers and Pixel 3's are to be released? Plenty of great options to consider, no reason to patronize OP's nonsense.

Just curious, what makes people think that the OP6 and Pixel 2XL are comparable? Is there a similar thread asking if Note 8 owners are tempted by the Moto G6?
    05-14-2018 01:42 PM
    I'm not sure if I qualify to answer, as I cancelled my Pixel 2 XL preorder and bought an LG V30 instead! lol HOWEVER I most likely will buy the OP6! I've owned just about every other one, except the X and the 5T.
    You are definitely not qualified - lol

Reimagine it this way:

"Hey Harley Owners, what do you think about the New Honda Rebels?"

'... well, I've never owned a Harley ... or any other motorcycle, but I sure do like the look of that Rebel! Sexiest 300 cc's I've ever heard!'

05-14-2018 01:42 PM
    If you're not sure you're probably not....lol😂😂😂
    05-14-2018 01:46 PM
    Definitely not tempted. Why downgrade from the what is arguably the best device on the market? Especially so close to when the Note 9, iPhone whatevers and Pixel 3's are to be released? Plenty of great options to consider, no reason to patronize OP's nonsense.

Just curious, what makes people think that the OP6 and Pixel 2XL are comparable? Is there a similar thread asking if Note 8 owners are tempted by the Moto G6?
    Actually as someone who goes through four to five different phones a year I don't think it's nonsense. The OP6 will have the newer chipset and the performance should be top notch. Many people who are into tech like myself like to try out new things just because. I love my Pixel 2 XL but I'm always open to new phones. I will probably get the OP6 and then the Pixel 3 XL when it comes out. Trying different phones is refreshing and when people ask my opinion on which ones to buy I'll be better prepared to answer them.
    pkcable likes this.
    05-14-2018 01:55 PM
    You are definitely not qualified - lol

Reimagine it this way:

"Hey Harley Owners, what do you think about the New Honda Rebels?"

'... well, I've never owned a Harley ... or any other motorcycle, but I sure do like the look of that Rebel! Sexiest 300 cc's I've ever heard!'

Actually I've owned both original Pixels, plus the V30 is the reference design LG used when it made the Pixel 2 XL. I just preferred the SD slot, headphone jack, and wireless charging.
    05-14-2018 01:59 PM
    Actually as someone who goes through four to five different phones a year I don't think it's nonsense. The OP6 will have the newer chipset and the performance should be top notch. Many people who are into tech like myself like to try out new things just because. I love my Pixel 2 XL but I'm always open to new phones. I will probably get the OP6 and then the Pixel 3 XL when it comes out. Trying different phones is refreshing and when people ask my opinion on which ones to buy I'll be better prepared to answer them.
    Yep all that makes sense; I would have a very hard time imagining this specific move as anything other than a downgrade though. It seems to me, like the target markets for each OEM are very different. Pixel is all about one set of ideals, and OnePlus is all about another set and aside from a few basic similarities that are more overall market trend, rather than design principles, they don't seem like they overlap much.
    05-14-2018 02:05 PM
    Actually I've owned both original Pixels, plus the V30 is the reference design LG used when it made the Pixel 2 XL. I just preferred the SD slot, headphone jack, and wireless charging.
    So originally I thought I was joking around, but with this quote here ^^ I think I'm correct. I think your opinion is totally valid, just not necessarily helpful if the question is whether or not people who value the Pixel 2 XL's attributes are also attracted to the OP6. Hope that makes sense?
    05-14-2018 02:07 PM
    So originally I thought I was joking around, but with this quote here ^^ I think I'm correct. I think your opinion is totally valid, just not necessarily helpful if the question is whether or not people who value the Pixel 2 XL's attributes are also attracted to the OP6. Hope that makes sense?
    Yes I knew you were joking. My point is that my opinion IS valid, the LG V30 has very similar attributes to the Pixel 2 XL, as LG made both devices. Not looking to pick a fight though.
    Itsa_Me_Mario likes this.
    05-14-2018 02:29 PM
    Yes I knew you were joking. My point is that my opinion IS valid, the LG V30 has very similar attributes to the Pixel 2 XL, as LG made both devices. Not looking to pick a fight though.
    I'm definitely in agreement there
    pkcable likes this.
    05-14-2018 02:35 PM
    I am indeed looking at it but seeing as I just got my Pixel 2, I'm not looking to upgrade anytime soon. I am indeed thinking about getting OP-, HTC-, or Nokia-manufactured phones at some point!
    Itsa_Me_Mario likes this.
    05-14-2018 06:44 PM
    You'll be back )
    pkcable likes this.
    05-14-2018 07:28 PM
    I have no intention to buy OnePlus 6. I would rather wait for next Pixel or Samsung device.
    05-15-2018 08:48 AM
    If it works on Verizon
    Does it get All the vzw features and software?
    05-15-2018 11:33 AM
    Does it get All the vzw features and software?
    None of the prior ones work on Verizon. Unknown if the 6 will afaik.
    recDNA likes this.
    05-15-2018 11:37 AM
    I enjoy the o5t more than my pixel 2. obviously the pixel takes way better photos but if I am not going on a trip it's o5t all day. just does some things better than the pixel
    05-15-2018 06:17 PM
    I enjoy the o5t more than my pixel 2. obviously the pixel takes way better photos but if I am not going on a trip it's o5t all day. just does some things better than the pixel
    What are the things it does better?
    05-15-2018 08:24 PM
    What are the things it does better?
    I'm asking myself the same thing.
    05-16-2018 01:23 PM
    Kirstein Gourlay likes this.
    05-16-2018 01:39 PM
    05-16-2018 01:41 PM
    The OnePlus 6 looks like a really interesting device. Seems to check a lot of boxes.

If the Pixel 3 XL looks to have the same, low-quality screen that the Pixel 2 XL has, then the OnePlus 6 is a phone I'll consider getting instead.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    05-16-2018 04:18 PM
    The OnePlus 6 looks like a really interesting device. Seems to check a lot of boxes.

If the Pixel 3 XL looks to have the same, low-quality screen that the Pixel 2 XL has, then the OnePlus 6 is a phone I'll consider getting instead.
    As I like to jump phone manufacturers each time I upgrade, I wouldn't mind getting a 6 or 6T.
    05-16-2018 04:27 PM

You must have a bad screen because I've looked at mine side by side every phone you can imagine and I would be lying to myself and everyone else to call it low quality. Maybe it's not quite as saturated as what you're used to but to say it's low quality..... I don't know.....it doesn't seem to fit.
    dc52ltr and Kirstein Gourlay like this.
    05-16-2018 07:46 PM
    As I like to jump phone manufacturers each time I upgrade, I wouldn't mind getting a 6 or 6T.
    Maybe you're using the term upgrade as in when your plan allows you to switch phones because I don't see the 6 or 6T as an upgrade.
    Kirstein Gourlay likes this.
    05-16-2018 07:48 PM
    My Pixel 2 had multiple issues ,sometimes the camera app would fail and not open would half to reopen or restart the phone , Bluetooth a known issue plagued me then when WIFi failed I jumped ship and have had Zero issues with my OnePlus, now camera on the 5T is not near as good as the Pixel but the new OnePlus 6 has a new duel camera very inviting.
    Also several hundred less ...$
    05-16-2018 08:26 PM
108 1234 ...