Pixel 2 XL owners tempted by OnePlus 6?

Armeniandave

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
With all the leaks we pretty much know what the OnePlus 6 will be like. Is anyone getting tempted to switch from there Pixel 2 XL? I love mine but always seem tempted when new OnePlus phones come out. What does everyone think?

Last edited:

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I have the 5T and will switch to the 6 its a very impressive phone , best bang for the buck I've ever had in a phone.
The XL leaves to much to be desired

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I may consider OnePlus 6 if it has better camera than pixel 2 but I doubt it.
It won't... Imaging requires vast R&D resources as software has far surpassed hardware as the driver of quality. The best cameras on the market are in phones from Google, Samsung, Huawei and Apple... Four companies with massive resources brought to bear on camera performance. Not to mention the pull to have hardware vendors provide bespoked components to match their needs. OnePlus is simply grabbing good sensors and adds a few tweaks to the default ISP that Qualcomm provides in the SoC. That only gets you so far.

Back to the OP... Nope. The 6 will be a good phone, at good price, and it'll do pretty much everything quite well without really standing out in any particular area. It is, by all accounts, what you would get if you cobbled together a bunch of excellent off-the-shelf components.

I don't see anything that would have me say 'Oh, I NEED that!'

Armeniandave

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Eggmundo the update situation is an issue across all Android except google phones and a few others. Project treble looks promising though if the OEM"s get on board from the start.
As far as design that's a personal preference which I wouldn't attempt to argue about.

Last edited:

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to probably pick up one when released, will be my daily driver for few days/weeks and then will decide to keep the OP6 or sell it. Pixel 2 XL stays until next Pixel

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
their designs are lazy rip-offs of Oppo.
Since they are owned by OPPO I wouldn't exactly call it a rip-off but to each his own.
I won't be picking one up for the same reason that I haven't gotten any other OnePlus device: not supported on Verizon.

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I have a OnePlus 5t and it does some stuff better then my 2xl. I will probably pick the 6 up. it's an enjoyable phone with lots of development for roms. stock is great because it looks like vanilla Android with a few helpful features.

BrandonBELB365

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
No interest, I don't expect the camera to be better but also I just don't trust that company.

Why don't you trust them. If anything it seems like they are doing everything right to help out their users, me included (I have a 1+5T, and love it, its easily the best phone I have ever owned). For example the dreaded notch on the new 1+6, people said they didn't want it so OnePlus provided a software tweak so it wouldn't show, that shows they listen to their customers, you can't say that about some companies (Apple, headphone jack).

Last edited:

BrandonBELB365

Jan 9, 2017
Visit site
No. Crap for updates apparently, and their designs are lazy rip-offs of Oppo.

Oppo and OnePlus are owned by the same company, so its not a rip-off. That's like saying Chevy is ripping off GMC, or vice versa. And as for updates we have Oreo 8.1 and should have Android P by the end of the year, atleast on the 5T. And we just got a security update about two weeks ago. Why do we need updates if we don't actually need an update?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney