Pixel 2 XL owners tempted by OnePlus 6?

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Oppo and OnePlus are owned by the same company, so its not a rip-off. That's like saying Chevy is ripping off GMC, or vice versa. And as for updates we have Oreo 8.1 and should have Android P by the end of the year, atleast on the 5T. And we just got a security update about two weeks ago. Why do we need updates if we don't actually need an update?
It is, it's lazy. It means there is an identical copy of the phone already out there.

darkehawke

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
It is, it's lazy. It means there is an identical copy of the phone already out there.

That's a pretty tenuous reason

and being lazy isnt being ripped off. two different things.

Not sure why an identical looking phone would stop anyone buying a device if it performs well but if it doesn't work for you then fair enough.

I'm waiting to see what they do with the camera.

They've targeted Pixel 2 and a few others to match and surpass in terms of photography.
Bold claims, lets see if they deliver

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if I qualify to answer, as I cancelled my Pixel 2 XL preorder and bought an LG V30 instead! lol HOWEVER I most likely will buy the OP6! I've owned just about every other one, except the X and the 5T.

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
Definitely not tempted. Why downgrade from the what is arguably the best device on the market? Especially so close to when the Note 9, iPhone whatevers and Pixel 3's are to be released? Plenty of great options to consider, no reason to patronize OP's nonsense.

Just curious, what makes people think that the OP6 and Pixel 2XL are comparable? Is there a similar thread asking if Note 8 owners are tempted by the Moto G6?

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
I'm not sure if I qualify to answer, as I cancelled my Pixel 2 XL preorder and bought an LG V30 instead! lol HOWEVER I most likely will buy the OP6! I've owned just about every other one, except the X and the 5T.

You are definitely not qualified - lol :)

Reimagine it this way:

"Hey Harley Owners, what do you think about the New Honda Rebels?"

'... well, I've never owned a Harley ... or any other motorcycle, but I sure do like the look of that Rebel! Sexiest 300 cc's I've ever heard!'

:D :D :)

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

If you're not sure you're probably not....lol😂😂😂

Armeniandave

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Definitely not tempted. Why downgrade from the what is arguably the best device on the market? Especially so close to when the Note 9, iPhone whatevers and Pixel 3's are to be released? Plenty of great options to consider, no reason to patronize OP's nonsense.

Just curious, what makes people think that the OP6 and Pixel 2XL are comparable? Is there a similar thread asking if Note 8 owners are tempted by the Moto G6?

Actually as someone who goes through four to five different phones a year I don't think it's nonsense. The OP6 will have the newer chipset and the performance should be top notch. Many people who are into tech like myself like to try out new things just because. I love my Pixel 2 XL but I'm always open to new phones. I will probably get the OP6 and then the Pixel 3 XL when it comes out. Trying different phones is refreshing and when people ask my opinion on which ones to buy I'll be better prepared to answer them.

pkcable

Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
You are definitely not qualified - lol :)

Reimagine it this way:

"Hey Harley Owners, what do you think about the New Honda Rebels?"

'... well, I've never owned a Harley ... or any other motorcycle, but I sure do like the look of that Rebel! Sexiest 300 cc's I've ever heard!'

:D :D :)

Actually I've owned both original Pixels, plus the V30 is the reference design LG used when it made the Pixel 2 XL. ;) I just preferred the SD slot, headphone jack, and wireless charging. ;)

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
Actually as someone who goes through four to five different phones a year I don't think it's nonsense. The OP6 will have the newer chipset and the performance should be top notch. Many people who are into tech like myself like to try out new things just because. I love my Pixel 2 XL but I'm always open to new phones. I will probably get the OP6 and then the Pixel 3 XL when it comes out. Trying different phones is refreshing and when people ask my opinion on which ones to buy I'll be better prepared to answer them.

Yep all that makes sense; I would have a very hard time imagining this specific move as anything other than a downgrade though. It seems to me, like the target markets for each OEM are very different. Pixel is all about one set of ideals, and OnePlus is all about another set and aside from a few basic similarities that are more overall market trend, rather than design principles, they don't seem like they overlap much.

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
Actually I've owned both original Pixels, plus the V30 is the reference design LG used when it made the Pixel 2 XL. ;) I just preferred the SD slot, headphone jack, and wireless charging. ;)

So originally I thought I was joking around, but with this quote here ^^ I think I'm correct. I think your opinion is totally valid, just not necessarily helpful if the question is whether or not people who value the Pixel 2 XL's attributes are also attracted to the OP6. Hope that makes sense?

pkcable

Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So originally I thought I was joking around, but with this quote here ^^ I think I'm correct. I think your opinion is totally valid, just not necessarily helpful if the question is whether or not people who value the Pixel 2 XL's attributes are also attracted to the OP6. Hope that makes sense?

Yes I knew you were joking. ;) My point is that my opinion IS valid, the LG V30 has very similar attributes to the Pixel 2 XL, as LG made both devices. Not looking to pick a fight though. :)

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I am indeed looking at it but seeing as I just got my Pixel 2, I'm not looking to upgrade anytime soon. I am indeed thinking about getting OP-, HTC-, or Nokia-manufactured phones at some point!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol