Google Assistant Can't Set Reminders

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
All of the sudden Google Assistant is telling me "Sorry, I can't create reminders yet." I've used this feature in the past without an issue, and use it frequently too, but here lately it will not work. If I go into the Google app I can set a reminder no problem, so it's just the Assistant app ... and it's working fine for my wife on her Pixel 2. I have tried:

• Clearing Google app cache and foreclosing
  • Uninstalling updates from Google App
  • Clearing Google app search data
  • Clearing all Google app data
  • Joining Google app beta and leaving the beta
  • Removing Google account and re-adding it
  • Joined the Android P beta and the problem persisted (left and am back on Oreo)
  • Factory reset - several times, both restoring a backup and starting new
  • Ensuring language is set to English (US)

I even installed Assistant on an old Note 3 I have laying around and I get the same thing! So, now I am wondering if there is an issue with my Google account seeing this is happening across multiple platforms and devices.

I am currently running Google app version 8.2.10.21.arm64 ... any suggestions/recommendations appreciated!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, sorry - I'm using the same version of the Google app that you listed (albeit on the Android P Beta) and setting a Reminder using the Assistant worked just fine. You should contact Google Support and see if they can figure out what's going on.

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, sorry - I'm using the same version of the Google app that you listed (albeit on the Android P Beta) and setting a Reminder using the Assistant worked just fine. You should contact Google Support and see if they can figure out what's going on.
Thanks for the response!

I have sent feedback via the Assistant app and also sent an email via the Google app link on the Play Store ... Hopefully Google has some ideas because I certainly am out LOL

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Well, it started working again! Nothing updated but I did go through my Google account deleting all sort of history ... Not sure if that did it, but I'll take it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac