I want Google Assistant to open Waze when I ask it to take me somewhere, not Google Maps.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Re:

I wouldn't know, haven't been driving around lately, but even if it works then I won't use miles because I'll just have to think about it more regarding estimating distances. Unlike with metric it's nearly instinctive for me.

I understand completely; I was just wondering if it is substantially different. If it is, You could always try lodging a complaint in the official Android support site.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Re:

I understand completely; I was just wondering if it is substantially different. If it is, You could always try lodging a complaint in the official Android support site.

Nah. It really doesn't affect me much since Google Maps traffic data is not very accurate where I am, it's not a first world country and traffic is woefully mismanaged. Waze does a better job since the people are social media freaks and it's the primary app for navigation here. I've never every seen anybody use any other app at all. This makes the traffic update as close to real time as the Waze servers allow.

Gdraft#WN

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Tried it several times. Maps won't notify me again at below 100m. Waze notified me at 200, 100, 30, and then says turn left maybe 5-10m away from the turn itself.

I have an app like that, it's called "wife" app.

The closer you get to the turn, the louder it gets. Then when you get right to it, the app starts screaming TURN GOD@@@ IT

HoppingYop

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Re:

To be honest, Google Maps is much better than Waze. Google Maps is better in voice commands, better in directions. It not just telling you to turn left or right, it tells you which lane you should be in. It shows you alternate route and now much faster or slower. Waze has a couple of things better: showing speed and show where the cops are. Therefore, I use Waze for commuting and use Google Maps when I need navigate to a new place.

Waze shows alternate routes as well. I haven't had any issues with the directions in Waze. Waze not only shows where the cops are, it also shows where accidents, delays, and hazards are and reroutes you in real time to avoid them if possible. I switched to Waze after years of using google maps and I never looked back. To me google maps is good for finding places while sitting at your computer or browsing your phone, doing the street view, and overall getting familiar with a place before you drive to it, that's it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech