Galaxy Note 10 Deal: BOGO at Verizon!
    Whenever I download an image from Google images it goes into downloads and stays there. Even if go into downloads and transfer it to Photos I can't open the image in apps like Snapchat, Instagram, or Facebook. It's a new phone to me (Pixel 2), and my last phone saved images downloaded from Google straight to Photos. If anyone could help that would be greatly appreciated!
    05-18-2018 09:47 PM
    Whenever I download an image from Google images it goes into downloads and stays there. Even if go into downloads and transfer it to Photos I can't open the image in apps like Snapchat, Instagram, or Facebook. It's a new phone to me (Pixel 2), and my last phone saved images downloaded from Google straight to Photos. If anyone could help that would be greatly appreciated!
    Go to Google Photos, settings, and then under "Backup" turn on those folders. The contents from those folders will then start to show in Google Photos.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-18-2018 09:52 PM
    I can't find it, am I looking in the wrong place?
    Attached Thumbnails Photos Saved from Google Images Not Going Into Photos (the app)-26655.jpg  
    05-18-2018 10:11 PM
    I'm new to the Pixel 2 also and wondered the same thing. Try this:
    >open the downloads app and find the pic
    >tap the 3 dots in the upper right
    >tap share
    >share to Photos
    >the pic should now be in the photos folder in Google Photos
    So far this is the only way I've found to get it Google Photos. If there's an easier way, I'd like to know
    05-18-2018 10:41 PM
    I can't find it, am I looking in the wrong place?
    You're looking in Photos -> Device folders, correct? That's the correct place but it's odd that the Downloads folder isn't listed.
    What version of the Photos app are you using? I've got 3.20.1.196756206 (damn Google and these long assed version numbers), last updated May 17th. But even earlier versions listed the Downloads folder.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-19-2018 01:45 AM
    It's not a problem with Google Photos. It's an issue supposedly new feature with Google Image search. It doesn't save the photo to the device anymore. It's like locked in cache storage for the search app only. The photo isn't downloaded to the device if you use "Save" from Google Image search. The only work around I've thought of so far is on Google Search, choose open image in new tab or open image location, then long click the image and choose save.
    05-19-2018 02:58 AM
    I just learned this solution from RocThrower: https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...=1#post6324010. All you have to do is turn on Storage permission for the Google app, and images will be saved to the user-accessible /Download directory.
    08-28-2018 11:33 AM