do you keep hdr on?

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
do you not find the photos a little saturated?

Not if I keep my color = Natural.

I also look at my images on my PC screen and it is accurately color calibrated with a Pantone X-Rite calibrator. My Pixel 2 XL screen colors are very close to my color calibrated PC screen. So the answer is no, HDR+ does not result in over saturation.

Joltcola1234

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Not if I keep my color = Natural.

I also look at my images on my PC screen and it is accurately color calibrated with a Pantone X-Rite calibrator. My Pixel 2 XL screen colors are very close to my color calibrated PC screen. So the answer is no, HDR+ does not result in over saturation.

You know that keeping your screen set to Natural only effects the colors on your screen right...it has no impact on the photos you take.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I always leave HDR+ on. It's not like the old days where HDR would slow down the picture taking.

The new separate Intel Visual Core image processor has made HDR+ processing on the Pixel 2/ 2 XL as fast as standard image processing! With HDR+ left ON, I'm finding no perceptible image processing lag. And that is significant! For me there's absolutely no reason not to leave HDR+ always turned ON.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith