Blocking Text Messages

The Lip

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I have received a few text messages from a local candidate soliciting my vote in the upcoming election. I want to block the number sending the message but can't find the way to do so. I have tried using Verizon's VZW messages app, as well as Google's message app, but when I highlight the message I don't have an option for blocking the number. What am I missing?

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I have received a few text messages from a local candidate soliciting my vote in the upcoming election. I want to block the number sending the message but can't find the way to do so. I have tried using Verizon's VZW messages app, as well as Google's message app, but when I highlight the message I don't have an option for blocking the number. What am I missing?
Tbh I want to know the same thing...

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Looks like you'll have to find a 3rd party Messaging app that supports that feature; from what I can tell neither the stock Messages app nor the Verizon Message+ app support that feature. The best you can do is mute a conversation.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Looks like you'll have to find a 3rd party Messaging app that supports that feature; from what I can tell neither the stock Messages app nor the Verizon Message+ app support that feature. The best you can do is mute a conversation.
Yeah that is what I thought. Tbh I am using Verizon messages because it has some great features even though I am in the UK. Blocking a person isn't a deal breaker for me

Nauga

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
For the stock app, I seem to remember reading, you can turn the number into a contact and then you can block that contact. Can't verify that, tho, since I've never done it.

The Lip

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
For some reason, I cannot do that on my phone, even through the phone app. I wonder if that is a Verizon issue. Oh well.

ccps

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I have used Next SMS for years for this very reason. For some reason this is not an option for me either. Just re checked just to be sure and it's not there. i have no circle with slash in the upper right.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I have used Next SMS for years for this very reason. For some reason this is not an option for me either. Just re checked just to be sure and it's not there. i have no circle with slash in the upper right.

Are you selecting the message?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21