I am thinking of upgrading from my year and a half old S7E.

Pixel 2 XL has really caught my attention. I decided to research the phone and it seems some XL models have a blue tint appearing at different viewing angles.

I also read that it's a matter of lottery whether you pick one with or without the tint.

Do you think it's worth buying the phone, even with that blue tint? It doesn't ruin the experience in any way, correct?

Thank you and appreciated.
    06-03-2018 01:00 PM
    I'd suggest hanging onto your S7 for a few more months and see what kind of screen quality the various Pixel 3 models have.

But I don't have an issue with the blue tint on my Pixel 2 XL (purchased back in December) and I'm guessing that Google has tightened up their quality control on the displays since the hue-and-cry has died down somewhat on this topic.
    06-03-2018 01:18 PM
    Both my and my husband's Pixel 2 XLs have minimal if any blue shift. Certainly not at any angle we use our phones. Mine was manufactured in October 2017 and his was manufactured in December 2017.

The phone has been marvellous. I have had mine 6 months and have enjoyed every day with it so far. My husband bought his a couple of weeks ago.

Really, a lot of the horror stories are a few people with bad units that happens with every phone company or model made. The majority of owners have had no issues and I would heartily recommend this phone to everyone.
    JR Messina likes this.
    06-03-2018 01:19 PM
    I am thinking of upgrading from my year and a half old S7E.

Pixel 2 XL has really caught my attention. I decided to research the phone and it seems some XL models have a blue tint appearing at different viewing angles.

I also read that it's a matter of lottery whether you pick one with or without the tint.

Do you think it's worth buying the phone, even with that blue tint? It doesn't ruin the experience in any way, correct?

Thank you and appreciated.
    I would recommend checking one out in person.
    06-03-2018 01:19 PM
    I have a blue tint on my 2xl but it never bothers me
    06-15-2018 01:06 AM
    Just recently went back t the pixel 2 xl, (panda) Yes blue tint is still present. But like a lot of others, doesn't really bother me. Only seen with white backgrounds and held at angle. Display is fine under normal viewing angles.
    06-16-2018 01:06 PM
    I previously had a Pixel 2 XL last fall once they came out and that one had blue tint on the display. I purchased a Pixel 2 XL at the Verizon store yesterday and this one does NOT have a blue tint at all. In fact, I'm impressed with the punchy colors when I put the colors up to saturated. It almost looks as good as the display on the S9+.
    Kizzy Catwoman likes this.
    06-16-2018 01:45 PM
    Just got one today from Verizon. Looking straight on its perfect. From the side it's definitely blue. Doesn't bother me since I don't use my phone from the side.
    06-16-2018 11:10 PM
    Even looking straight on, the blue tint of the screen really hurts my eyes. Turning on saturated mode really helped
    06-17-2018 04:06 PM
    Even looking straight on, the blue tint of the screen really hurts my eyes. Turning on saturated mode really helped
    If you have blue tint looking straight on there is something wrong with your phone.
    06-18-2018 08:15 AM
    If you buy one from Google today is the mfg date a recent date or they still selling old stock?
    06-18-2018 10:45 AM
    I have the blue tint when looking at an extreme angle, doesn't really bother me at all. Looking straight on at the screen, no issues.
    I have a question... does the blue tint affect screen life? performance?
    or is only a visual issue that has no affect on the phone?... just wondering (haven't seen any replies that state that the life of the screen, or phone is affected.
    06-18-2018 12:46 PM
    If you buy one from Google today is the mfg date a recent date or they still selling old stock?
    Could still be old stock
    06-18-2018 01:49 PM
    If you have blue tint looking straight on there is something wrong with your phone.
    Nothing wrong with my phone. The Oled panel on these phones shift blue, regardless of how you hold them. And it's more extreme on this phone than any other I've used.
    It's just more apparent when you tilt the phone. The blue tint is harsh on my eyes. Saturated mode does help though.
    06-18-2018 02:43 PM
    Nothing wrong with my phone. The Oled panel on these phones shift blue, regardless of how you hold them. And it's more extreme on this phone than any other I've used.
    It's just more apparent when you tilt the phone. The blue tint is harsh on my eyes. Saturated mode does help though.
    I've never seen one that's blue looking at it straight on. Honestly if the color was that far off on mine I'd be exchanging it but if it works for you that's quite OK.
    06-18-2018 02:54 PM
    I've never seen one that's blue looking at it straight on. Honestly if the color was that far off on mine I'd be exchanging it but if it works for you that's quite OK.
    Yeah it's my second Pixel2 XL and each has a blue tint. Just because you can't see it straight on doesn't mean it's magically disappeared. Its still there, and in my case, hurt my eyes. I've found a solution by adjusting the screen settings, so think God Google updated the phone with new options.
    06-18-2018 05:30 PM
    Yeah it's my second Pixel2 XL and each has a blue tint. Just because you can't see it straight on doesn't mean it's magically disappeared. Its still there, and in my case, hurt my eyes. I've found a solution by adjusting the screen settings, so think God Google updated the phone with new options.
    Mine is hardly there even tilted....I saw display models during pre-order that had some blue shift. I see a color shift on all phones I look regardless of brand.
    06-18-2018 05:33 PM
    Mine is hardly there even tilted....I saw display models during pre-order that had some blue shift. I see a color shift on all phones I look regardless of brand.
    That's exactly what i mean. You don't see it when looking straight at the phone, but it's still there. All Oled have some color shift, but there's something about this one that seems harsher on my eyes. Or at least it did. Changing setting mostly fixed the issue.

I love the phone in every other way, so it's not a deal breaker at all.
    06-18-2018 05:40 PM
    That's exactly what i mean. You don't see it when looking straight at the phone, but it's still there. All Oled have some color shift, but there's something about this one that seems harsher on my eyes. Or at least it did. Changing setting mostly fixed the issue.

I love the phone in every other way, so it's not a deal breaker at all.
    It's very well documented that some people perceive colors differently than the general population. After all, consider the minority of people that have color blindness and can't even detect some colors. And as you said, some colors can be very intense for some people and in your case apparently can actually cause physical pain.

I'm fortunate as I pass all the color blindness tests. I work every day with color photography and color accuracy is very important to me. Straight on I don't detect any blue tint on my Pixel 2 XL screen but there is a small bit of blueness as I tilt my phone from side to side. Blue tint on my Pixel 2 XL is not an issue for me and I didn't even know to look for it until I started reading the hysteria on the forums.
    jjm457 and Kizzy Catwoman like this.
    06-20-2018 05:06 PM